Crowdlinker is an end-to-end digital product studio based in Toronto with a relentless focus on our customers. We connect people through technology by being the strongest link between companies, their ideas, and their clients. We do so by excelling at digital strategy, creative design, full-stack development of websites & web/mobile apps, and digital marketing (SEO, SEM, PPC, Marketing Automation). Our clients include large startups like Freshbooks, PostBeyond, League, and TopHat, as well as enterprises like Unilever, Nestlé and DHX Media. We excel at providing marketing and media solutions and other digital products requiring exceptional user experiences. We are hiring a full-stack web developer to act as a team lead. We offer competitive compensation, coupled with extensive benefits.
You’ll be coding mostly the front-end and back-end of our web and mobile applications in a way that is clean and elegant. You will be working on disruptive new applications that are true game-changers. We are currently 20 employees and are well funded, having raised $1 million to-date. We are growing quickly, which means there are always new and exciting challenges at Crowdlinker.
This is the exact opposite of a slow, boring enterprise job. We are looking for someone who is comfortable taking risks and solving burning problems. We embrace change, see challenges as opportunities and focus on solutions. If you agree that this is the best way to take your career to the next level, we want to hear from you. We do offer great pay and benefits, but we won’t hire someone who is “just looking for a paycheck”.
Salary Expectation: Undisclosed
- 3 to 6+ years of professional web and mobile application development experience.
- The ability and willingness to lead and manage others on the development team.
- Have experience leading teams in a SDLC from kick off to delivery.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Must be comfortable speaking with clients about projects.
- Must be willing and able to give and receive direct constructive feedback in a timely manner. For example, you should have the visibility and foresight to identify technical roadblocks & provide optimal resolutions if something isn’t working.
- Able to write effectively in both business and technical styles of language.
- Strong full-stack web development skills.
- Solid understanding of the software development lifescycle, from kick-off to delivery.
Nice to Haves:
- Can easily learn any JS framework like React, Angular, Backbone or Vue. (Prior experience with one of these MV* frameworks is a big bonus, but not essential.)
- Proficient in writing maintainable CSS / SCSS with good understanding of Flexbox & experience working with responsive web design frameworks, such as Bootstrap and Zurb Foundation.
- Familiarity with back-end technologies such as NodeJS, GO, PHP, Python, Laravel and/or Ruby on Rails as well as MVC fundamentals.
- Is familiar with cloud services, such as Digital Ocean, AWS or Heroku.
- Proficient in development tools such at Github / Bitbucket, Jira / Pivotal Tracker etc...
- A portfolio of projects.
- Familiarity with React Native, Ionic Framework and/or Native Mobile Development.
What’s in it for you?
- Take your career to the next level and become a team lead while still getting to code.
- Gain experience coaching and mentoring a team of developers.
- Learn and implement the latest and greatest in new frameworks and technologies. (Receive up to $10k to take relevant courses.)
- Learn faster by working on a variety of client projects throughout the year.
- A ground-level opportunity to join a growing company early and accelerate your career.
- Code with us the sensible way, using continuous integration, automated testing and deployment, proper testing/staging servers, Git repos with proper branching and all other DevOps practices that make developers’ lives easier overall.
- Manage and coach other developers on your team.
- Manage sprint meetings and agile development processes.
- Create robust quality assurance and code review workflows by providing peer-level reviews of software design and code.
- Work closely with our designer on implementing designs into code.
- Provide timely and accurate estimates for project deliverables.
- Hands-on troubleshooting, debugging, and fixing of issues during development and post-release for customer support.
- Participate in and contribute to client meetings and proposals.
- Lead architecture discussions and propose code that scales.
- Stay current on relevant technologies, proactively develop and suggest architecture changes.
- Manage team and assess feasibility and priority of new features.
- Write and maintain detailed technical documentation.
- Competitive compensation.
- Potential for stock in the company and revenue sharing.
- Comprehensive medical and dental plan, which includes $800 per practitioner (e.g. massage therapy, physiotherapy, orthotics, acupuncture, etc...)
- Downtown office in trendy King West area at 548 King Street West.
- Flexible hours with an option to work from home once a week.
- Optional company GoodLife gym membership.
- Optional computer hardware.
- Optional company mobile hardware and phone plan.
Duration of the role
This is a full-time, permanent role, not a contractor position.
How to apply
In your application, please include:
- A link to your GitHub profile if you have one.
- A link to your LinkedIn profile if you have one.
- A link to your portfolio of work if you have one.
- A summary of how you would be able to make a difference on our team.
You may include a traditional resume and cover letter as well, although it is not required.