One Kings Lane is a leading online destination for the home founded in 2009. We connect design inspiration with a fresh collection of select home goods, designer, vintage, and exclusive products you won’t find anywhere else. Our award-worthy website and Style Guide blog, mobile app, as well as our New York and San Francisco studios, provide unparallelled access to our incredible assortment and expert design help.
About The Role
As a Site Merchandiser at One Kings Lane, you will be responsible for developing and managing the customer shopping experience through product categorization, positioning, and organization, and ensuring that the online merchandising strategy aligns with the company’s overall business objectives. You’ll maintain optimal product visibility on the site and app, and optimize the product categories based on metrics such as sales history, search trends, seasonality, and available inventory.
We’ll expect you to be collaborative, driving or participating in decisions about site design, new features and tools, and product mix. You’ll enhance the performance of onsite and app features based on customer behavior and hard data, but won’t be afraid to throw in some intuition when it comes to positioning and selling a product.
Join a team dedicated to revolutionizing the home decor market. Send us your resume, and anything else that you are proud of.
This position is full-time and based in New York
- Responsible for defining and managing appropriate site navigation, filtering, category management, and product assortment for optimal customer discoverability, purchase path flow and product positioning
- Partner with Marketing, Analytics, Product, and Engineering teams to envision and create new site features that optimize the site experience and increase conversion
- Ensure layout and content strategy of the homepage, landing pages, and category pages are strategically and tactically aligned with corporate priorities
- Partner with Product Managers to leverage testing opportunities for maximum engagement and conversion
- Participate in cross-functional seasonal planning to develop site content calendar
- Partner closely with marketing teams to drive site traffic through promotions, emails, campaigns & other external marketing efforts and to ensure that channel plans coordinate to drive customer engagement
- Lead in development of a reporting package that supports data-driven decision making around site layout, content placement, and optimization of website content to deliver on business objectives
- Analyze site performance and develop strategies for enhancements
- Participate in user research/testing to align on goals and understand customer needs and views of site/app
- Continuously review the competitive landscape to understand and identify emerging online trends, white space opportunities, and propose new ways to improve and evolve the customer site experience
Skills and Experience
- At least 5 years of direct experience in an eCommerce or consumer-facing environment with a solid understanding of online shopping experiences and competitive landscape, particularly in the home decor market
- Experience with eCommerce platforms such as Kibo Commerce, Demandware, and Shopify preferred
- Strong focus on metrics, KPIs, and testing, with working knowledge of SQL, Omniture, Google Analytics, and Optimizely
- Degree in marketing, business, communications, or equivalent experience
- Driven and purposeful, with a laser-sharp focus to get the work done well and on time
- Obsessive about detail, with a demonstrated eye and developed knowledge of interior design and an aptitude for visual merchandising and daily curating
- Data-driven and backs strong, well-formed opinions with evidence but unafraid to have your opinion changed
- Multi-tasks and switches gears when needed and balances multiple priorities in a fast-paced, interruption- and change-prone environment
- Comfortable working outside your comfort zone and loves to learn new things to tackle a problem
- Friendly and inspirational team player with a great attitude and positive mindset
- A passion for all things home, including interior design and home decor