Reporting to the COO, as a senior member of the operations management team, this role will take responsibility for Kobalt’s global royalties collection, processing and distribution function. You will lead teams, manage workflow and processes as well as recommend and implement long term improvement change programmes. The success of this role is defined by the efficient collection/processing of revenue and the timely delivery of accurate statements across Kobalt’s global client base.
Kobalt is the leading technology-powered music services company, offering end-to-end solutions for over 50,000 artists and songwriters and 800 labels and publishing companies. Through Kobalt technology and services, creators benefit from more money, better reporting, and maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. With the award-winning Kobalt desktop portal and app, Kobalt clients get real-time insight into their work and activity.
We’re currently over 400 people based across 10 offices and we’re expecting to grow. That’s where you come in.
WHAT DOES A SVP OF ROYALITES AT KOBALT DO?
- Manage teams directly responsible for the royalty operations across Publishing & Label Services
- Act as the point of escalation for all internal and external issues that impact royalty operations and help find resolution
- Enhance royalty tracking and analysis to highlight problems and identify tactical and strategic opportunities for improvement
- Work with product managers and technical engineering teams to solve issues and define roadmap for systems change
- Use data insight to define, plan and implement large transformation programs to provide long term stability and scale to collections and statements process
- Produce reports on performance metrics and present strategy to senior management
- Be part of the music tech community to keep abreast of industry trends and common practices
- Participate in senior management meetings and offer commercial and market context to strategic decision making
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Proven experience managing a Royalty operations function in the music industry
- Evidence of improving the quality and the accuracy of royalty operations through people, process or systems change
- Strong people management – including resource planning, recruitment and personal development of team
- Excellent analysis skills – using royalty tracking and other data sources to inform decision making
- Experience building a case gaining buy in from key stakeholders for major strategic changes to royalties function
- Programme manage experience of impactful transformation projects
- Strong understanding of technical systems used to process royalties
- Excellent commercial acumen and ability to offer a vision for the royalties function in Kobalt
- Based near Waterloo, London. SE1 8QH
- Hours 9.30am - 6pm