Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Event Program Manager (6 month contract with possibility of extension)
As members of the Human Resources team, we are stewards of Sony Interactive Entertainments greatest assets: Our People and our Culture.
Come join Sony Interactive Entertainment as part of the Employee Engagement team. The purpose of our team is to inspire employees to connect and be more than they thought possible! We’re looking for a passionate event program manager to engage in a face paced environment managing and creating programs that serve and engage our employees. You will partner with site business leaders, site HR leaders and employee groups to drive employee engagement initiatives across specific site(s): socials and holiday celebrations, community outreach, volunteering, diversity and inclusion experiences, and other experiences unique to the sites supported. This position reports to the Senior Manager, Employee Engagement
- Manage master event calendar and be point of contact for campus wide events
- Partner closely with program management leaders to design and deliver offerings that create delightful employee experiences
- Partner with leaders to develop, influence and execute on “right for site” engagement experiences that connect employees to business strategies and product experiences, where possible
- Partner with various teams to leverage and share best practices across organizations
- Engage with vendor management with logistics and production of planning and executing on multiple events and programs
- Source and select vendors and venues, negotiating contracts for event program supplier’s
- Manage budgets and reconcile quarterly revenue to expense spend
- Document metrics and measurement of event programs
- Measure the impact of engagement offerings and share success stories
- Coordinates facility, exhibit set-up, equipment and catering requirements. Provide on-site event support
- In conjunction with PR and other related departments, orchestrate outside tour requests
- Plan and execute employee engagement events at multiple sites: Holiday parties, Take Our Children to Work, Summer parties, Town Hall Executive meetings, Cultural and Diversity events, Behind the Scenes, New Hire Socials, etc.
- Partner with sponsorship opportunities to engage employees in activities to promote our CSR endeavors such as hackathons, habitat for humanity, #spiritday, etc.
- Point of contact for employee perks of sporting or concert tickets, running ad-hoc raffles, notifying winners and hosting suite events
- Consultant for Diversity group engagement activities
- Foster deeper connections where we live, work and do business to identify the right strategic partners; business and organizations for employee volunteering aligned with Sony's mission
- Represent employee engagement in marketing game launches. Arrange for onsite volunteers, manage worker lists and manage employee giveaway stations
- Oversee employee movie screening events for all SIE sites
- Work with Marketing and Operations to orchestrate Pop-up stores
- Lead vendor planning meetings and communicate with multiple plays for seamless execution
- Order promotional items
- Process invoices and work closely with financial budget to stay within budget
- Work with Communications team to develop internal and external communication strategy on event programs
- Watch over the Employee Engagement alias mailbox and respond accordingly
- Engage and manage strategic partnership sponsorships packages
- Potential travel to other SIE locations in order to effectively develop & implement plans
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 6-8 years of event management or equivalent experience
- Event background is required. Hospitality experience a plus
- Project management and event planning skills: strategically execute programs/offerings end-to-end
- Excellent organizational skills, critical thinking skills, and possesses the ability to address multiples priorities, be insightful to anticipate event needs drawing from past experience and meet deadlines
- Must be customer service and detail oriented
- Highly resourceful ambitious team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently. Comfortable with a fast paced environment
- Competent at managing numerous projects at once
- Excellent oral, written, negotiation, and interpersonal communication skills
- Proven track record in negotiating with external vendors to optimize ROI
- Ability to partner, influence and communicate effectively with leaders at all levels and across an organization and site
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Proven relationship building and collaborative skills
- Ability to work with high degree of autonomy to take a set of strategic focus areas and execute a specific plan while engaging key stakeholders
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.