We’re looking for an Associate General Manager to grow and manage all three sides of our business - our dashers, merchants, and customers.
Associate General Managers are a critical piece of DoorDash's success in every market. This is an intense, business-side startup role. There's no such thing as a typical day, and to excel, you can't just be smart – you have to be self-motivated, have exceptional interpersonal & relationship-building skills, and be highly analytical. We're looking for superstars who can operate independently, move fast, and get things done, and who are excited by the idea of joining our growing market team and doing what it takes to win. If this sounds like you – read on!
What you’ll do
- Develop a world-class dasher fleet that consistently provides the highest-quality service by establishing standards for performance and managing & monitoring how people do
- Generate new business by developing relationships with some of the most successful businesses throughout the market
- Consistently innovate and execute on unique strategies for growing our customer base
- Navigate complex negotiations and make deals with our top partners in a way that sustainably benefits both parties
- Acquire buzz worthy partners whose presence on our platform will accelerate our growth
- Manage a team of Dash Team Builders, the people that run onboarding & information sessions for new dashers
- Work cross-functionally with our Ops, Product, Eng, Sales, Analytics, and BD teams to streamline procedures, strengthen our product, and improve the way we do things
A strong multi-tasker with an exceptional ability to prioritize and manage time effectively – you naturally focus on the right things and can seamlessly move between projects & tasks, without losing sight of what's important to do
Naturally curious and have a self-starter personality – you always look for ways to innovate and improve, and don't need to wait for people to tell you what to work on. You can't help but ask what, why, and how
An outstanding communicator with relationship-building skills – your friends would call you authentic, energetic, persuasive, and self-aware. You know when to listen, as well as when to speak up
An owner mentality – you can't remember the last time you said "that's not my problem"
Detail oriented – you often find yourself getting obsessed by the little things that other people say don't matter, but you also know that done is better than perfect
Gritty and able to hustle – you get things done even after everyone else has given up, and work hard because you love to. You have a bias towards action.
- Passionate about helping and empowering others
- 1-4 years of operational, analytical, or sales / biz dev experience at an early stage startup, consulting firm, tech company, or investment bank
- BA/BS (business, econ, engineering) from a top-tier university
- Proven leadership abilities
- Strong product instincts
Nice to haves
- Familiarity with SQL is a plus
Today, we’re one of the fastest, most reliable food delivery services in North America. But that’s just the tip of the iceberg. We want to share our revolutionary logistics technology with every business around the world, to streamline how our cities and local economies work. Make no mistake, it isn’t going to be easy, and our mission isn’t for the faint of heart. But if you’re daring, and you want to make a dent, let’s chat.