LendUp builds technology, credit products, and educational experiences for the 56% of the U.S. population who are currently shut out of mainstream banking because of poor credit or volatile income. That’s a lot of hardworking, deserving people.
Our mission is to provide anyone with a path to better financial health. Being a socially responsible lender is a big job, but we’re more than up for the challenge. Now in our fifth year, we’re growing each and every day as we continue to bring our mission to life. Join our exciting team and help us turn our mission into a movement.
LendUp is headquartered in downtown San Francisco with an office in Richmond, VA. We’re backed by prominent Silicon Valley investors including Y-Combinator, Google Ventures, Susa Ventures, Data Collective, Kleiner Perkins, Andreessen Horowitz Seed Fund, Kapor Capital, QED, Eagle Cliff Investors, Yuri Milner, Thomvest Ventures, and many others.
About the role:
- Escalate and investigate compliance-related problems, questions, or complaints received from all areas of the business, or from customers or government regulatory agencies, following LendUp’s established procedures
- Establish compliance monitoring dashboards to evaluate the adequacy of established controls and proactively identify areas of concerns
- Report key performance and risk indicators progress to senior management as appropriate
- Manage the Compliance testing program associated with Consumer Laws and Regulations within the FinTech industry
- Validate compliance with set standards through periodic testing and reviews focusing on compliance program practices
- Coordinate testing schedules with corporate compliance and serve as the business’s point-of-contact throughout external tests and exam requests
Working knowledge of:
- Both Federal and State rules and regulations as they apply to the Financial Services industry
- Organization and operations of a financial institution
- Research methodologies applicable to the analysis of Company policies and procedures
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Maintain confidentiality of files and privileged information
- Understand, interpret and apply complex laws, rules and regulations as they apply to compliance in a financial institution
- Provide accurate and concise information on compliance issues
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, including skill to prepare complex reports and procedures utilizing technical, financial and statistical information
- Collect, interpret and evaluate narrative and statistical data pertaining to compliance
- Act as liaison between departments, management, examiners and customers in matters of compliance
- Enable data validation execution through designing and execution of core data test/ reviewing and challenging of automated control/reporting logic
- Ability to perform IT General Control and application level control testing including analyzing system logics and settings
- Experience with writing or editing SQL/ACL and/or VBA; experience working with large data sets
- Ability to work with engineering teams and developers to embed automated controls into products to satisfy compliance requirements
- Examine documents to insure compliance with a wide variety of complex laws, rules and regulations
- Gain cooperation through discussion and persuasion
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with those contacted in the course of work
LendUp has all the things you’d expect from a mission-driven company, like a competitive salary; early stage equity; 100% company paid medical, dental and vision insurance; generous vacation/sick leave policy; catered, free lunch; kitchens fully stocked with healthy snacks; free onsite gym; 401(k).
But here’s what we really love about LendUpLife:
- Our dog-friendly SF office
- We’re committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that spurs innovation and creates a meaningful and impactful work environment
- We have fun together at our weekly happy hours, quarterly team building events, company-sponsored volunteerism, hackathons, and sports teams
- One of our values is “different backgrounds, same mission.” We are passionate participants in our employee resource groups (LeanIn, LGBTQ & Allies, and Black Ladders...) and have slack channels dedicated to everything from philosophy to sports to hip hop
LendUp is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition, or any other reason protected by law.