Headspace was founded in London in 2010 by Rich Pierson and Andy Puddicombe. Originally conceived as a meditation events company, Headspace has evolved into the world’s most popular meditation app. Using proven mindfulness techniques, it will teach you how to train your mind for a healthier, happier life. Sessions take as little as 10 minutes a day, and you can do them wherever and whenever you like. Our app has now been downloaded more than 10 million times in 150 countries, helping so many people to enjoy the benefits of a clearer calmer mind. Today, we’re ready to embark on the next phase in our evolution: to become the world’s most comprehensive guide to health and happiness.
Last summer we completed a $30mm Series A funding round. The round was led by The Chernin Group, with significant participation from other media and tech leaders including Jim Breyer (via Breyer Capital), Allen & Co, William Morris Endeavor, Freelands Ventures (the venture arm of Elisabeth Murdoch) and Advancit (the venture arm of Shari Redstone). Rounding out the raise were a handful of influential individuals including Jeff Weiner (LinkedIn CEO), Jessica Alba, Ryan Seacrest, and Jared Leto.
You can read more about us in Fast Company or the New Yorker.
About the Compensation & Benefits Manager @ Headspace:
Headspace is looking for a Compensation & Benefits Manager to plan, develop and administer a competitive, sustainable, and scalable Compensation & Benefits program.
How your skills and passion will come to life at Headspace:
- Review current compensation and benefit structures and develop new structures and systems as needed.
- Job levels development and compensation programs such as sales compensation, and bonus.
- Recommend corporate-wide compensation and incentive programs in support of Headspace’s objectives.
- Manage all benefits vendors and programs, administration of contracts or other agreements, and oversee audits related to employee benefits.
- Provide analytical and administrative support for executive compensation programs and employment agreements.
- Design and coordinate effective and clear communications of all the compensation and benefits plans.
- Oversee timely reports required by law to be filed with federal and state agencies
- Maintain in-depth knowledge and expertise in compensation and employee benefits compliance, benefits administrative services.
- Make recommendations to executive team regarding compensation and benefits administration processes.
- Respond to and facilitate resolution of escalated benefits issues from staff and clients, and answer benefits queries.
What you’ve accomplished?
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5+ years of leading a compensation and benefits program.
- Significant compensation and benefits plan technical experience, as well as tax and regulatory knowledge
- Knowledgeable on legislation impacting pay programs. Maintains awareness of economic and pay practice trends within industry.
- Experience in building a comprehensive benefits platform, people analytics, executive and equity compensation
- Solid foundation in compensation theories and practices. Knowledge in SOX and regulatory compliance.
- Ability to adapt to new and changing environments with ability to analyze and prioritize multiple tasks with strict time constraints.
- Experience in developing and implementing a global performance, compensation and benefits programs a plus!
- Need to be able to work with a team that loves humor.
How to get started:
If you’re excited by the idea of seeing yourself in this role at Headspace, please apply with your CV and a cover letter that best expresses your interest and unique qualifications.