Q is building an operating system for the built world, backed by a comprehensive technology and service platform. Today, hundreds of companies in four cities trust Q to make their offices run better. We handle everything from catering to IT, to cleaning, plumbing and office supply management. In short, we make it easy to run an office.
We also believe that creating good jobs is fundamental to our success. We treat all of our employees well — from software engineers to office cleaners. We know that 5-star service comes from talented, motivated people.
About the HR generalist role:
Q is looking for an experienced HR generalist and people strategist to help us bring in and develop talent for our San Francisco office team as well as for our clients. You will be be owning the employment experience for our Operators, advocating for their needs and helping to create processes, policies, etc. to improve their work. You will also be a business partner to Q SF’s operations team leads, advising on all people practices.
As a “people” person, you thrive on building relationships and helping others be their best selves. You’re not just a talker, though. You’re a thinker and a builder. You like to look at a system or process and ask “why are we doing it this way?” You obsess over the small things because you know it impacts the employee experience, but you also keep the big picture in mind.
- Provide both strategic and practical HR business partner guidance to the SF operations teams, advising on performance management, succession planning, compensation, policy and compliance
- Ensure state, local, and federal laws are followed in implementing human resources practices including payroll, benefits, and paid time off
- Collaborate with Q’s HQ team to create and implement programs that ensure Q operators are always trained to perform at Q’s standard
- Represent Q’s Operators internally, constantly advocating for process and policy improvements to make Q the best employer in industry
- Assist in recruiting of Cleaning Operators, Maintenance Operators and Supervisors
- Form partnerships with nonprofits and government agencies devoted to workforce development initiatives that could positively impact our people operations
- You have 3+ years’ work experience in HR business partner / employer relations capacity
- You are empathetic and patient and can really understand people’s needs and motivations. You thrive on solving problems and guiding people to be the best versions of themselves
- You are a self-starter and like working autonomously but you know when to ask for help when needed
- You are very detail oriented; you’re laser-focused on creating processes and systems to support your work so balls don't get dropped
- You are a strong, honest communicator. You’re always professional, kind and quick to apply with the perfect tone whether you’re speaking with an Operator, client or engineer
- Bonus: You have experience in a high growth technology startup with heavy people operations
- Ground floor opportunity at one of the fastest growing companies in the world
- Competitive salary
- Generous Stock Options
- 401(k) with matching
- 100% coverage for medical, dental, and vision insurance
- An insanely supportive hardworking team building something BIG