THE POSITION: DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
CryptTV is looking for a Director of Development to initiate in-house development of original IP and cultivate new filmmaker relationships. Director of Development will report to the VP of Content and must oversee multiple projects at once that serve the Crypt TV brand with the potential to grow beyond digital.
· Create and develop new, original, IP fitting CryptTV format at digital micro-budget scale.
· Hands on involvement with script development, filmmakers, talent attachment and budget sign off.
· Be a self-starter and OWN all project tasks, and responsibilities, be creative, smart, and agile
· On set presence for all original, local productions when schedule allows.
· Problem solve and track projects in various stages of development.
· Coordinating and organizing existing IP.
· Put systems in place to create higher quality, consistent content at volume.
· Must produce solutions and results, and love to over-deliver ahead of schedule.
· Self-generate consistent, on-brand, pipeline content for both scripted and non-scripted genre content customized for platforms.
· Search and acquire existing IP fitting format and on-brand.
THE REQUIREMENTS/QUALIFICATIONS/PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
· EDUCATION: BA/BS in related field is highly preferred.
· EXPERIENCE: 2-3 years related work experience in creative development within the industry.
· Existing filmmaker, agent and manager of relationships in the non-union world.
· Highly motivated, over achiever and smart creative.
· Excellent presentation and organization skills, by email, over the phone, and in the room
· Excellent communication skills with executives internally and filmmakers externally.
· Experience working on small budget productions ranging from $100-$3,500.
· Understanding of production and budgeting mandatory.
· Experience working directly with filmmakers at all levels.
· Great with tracking a large amount of projects simultaneously.
· Deck building/presentation building skills a plus.
· Willing to make work and success of the company an absolute priority.
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at StartupTAP.