RealtyShares is a leading online real estate investment marketplace where individual and institutional investors can participate in private deals across the country. By infusing technology into the archaic real estate industry, we’re able to connect accredited and institutional investors with pre-vetted real estate companies and operators looking to raise debt and equity capital. We’re giving people the chance to invest in both residential and commercial real estate properties and tap into the multi-trillion dollar real estate industry. To date, we’ve funded more than $300 million across 550 deals in 31 states, and have returned over $59 million of principal to our investors.
We are a venture backed startup and have received funding from 500 Startups, Union Square Ventures, General Catalyst and Menlo Ventures.
Overview Manage the origination, structuring, underwriting, and execution of equity (preferred and JV equity) financing across commercial real estate asset classes on behalf of sponsor clients. Effectively engage with and manage clients. Build and lead a team. Effective dealmaking is the key to success in this role. Everything counts - from the relationships and team leadership to analysis, legal, deadlines, CRE fundamentals, and resource management.
This is an intense and rewarding role in a fast-paced, growing, successful early-stage company.
You'll have the opportunity to:
- Drive the revenue of the company by managing an extensive and growing book of business, while ensuring performance at or above pro forma
- Build a pipeline of new debt and equity real estate investment opportunities nationally through programmatic sponsor relationships;
- Source & close deals alongside an associate
- Outreach to sponsors - establish yourself as a subject matter expert within a specific deal execution type (e.g. product type, asset type, geography, etc.)
- Conferences, sponsor visits, manage associates’ work and leads
- Team Leadership and Development
- Train and manage junior team on investment valuation techniques, modeling, and investment memo preparation
- Prepare the junior team for either a manager track or growing their success as revenue generators
We are seeking an individual with:
- 8+ yrs experience in real estate equity and/or debt on the transaction side
- Deal structuring + sales chops
- Significant client management experience
- Demonstrated success in hiring, training, and growing a team
- Strong network with smaller to mid-market sponsors
- Proven ability to work collaboratively under pressure
- Reports to: Vice President, Equity Investments
- Works closely with:
- Outside deal teamInvestor sales team
- Capital markets team - institutional side
- Finance Deal
- Ops team
- Marketing - how to get the right leads to the top of the funnel
- CEO - deal pipeline
Health, dental, vision insurance
Office centrally located in SoMa with amazing views of the Bay
Monthly gym reimbursement
Great company-wide off-sites!
At RealtyShares, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
* All applications receive a response
* All applications are kept strictly confidential
* No recruiters please!