WHO WE ARE
Looker is on a mission to bring better insights and data-driven decisions to every business. Everything we do is aimed at making sure our customers love every aspect of Looker, from our products and technologies to our ease of doing business and our support. We are looking for curiously brilliant individuals to join our team as we reinvent data analytics. Get data-driven and see yourself at Looker.
WHAT WE'VE GOT GOING ON
The Accounts Payable Specialist will work closely with the other accounting team members and have specific responsibilities in the areas of timely and accurate accounts payable processing, expense report and credit card processing according to policy. This position is also responsible for periodic and month-end account analysis, working with the team to provide support for month-end accounts payable and accrual journal entries, and provide support for the year-end audit and annual 1099 forms.
WHAT WE NEED YOU TO DO
- Set up new vendors and maintain vendor information; request W-9 and review forms for accuracy and proper coding; assist with the annual 1099 process
- Review invoices and expense reports for proper documentation, approvals and GL coding prior to processing; prepare weekly check runs
- Process accounts payable invoices, credit card transactions and expense reports, in an accurate manner according to the company’s policies
- Assist with month-end close process by working with vendors and subsidiaries to receive invoices on a timely basis
- Prepare various general ledger journal entries for accruals at month end and related reconciliations
- Reconcile vendor statements as needed
- Maintain good payment history with vendors and communicate with vendors in regards to payment status and invoice requests as needed
- Assist with the annual financial statement audit by providing and making copies of accounts payable checks, accounting reports, and pulling various files for the auditors
- Reconcile bank statements to general ledger on a monthly basis.
- Monitor credit card transactions daily
- Ad-hoc duties as assigned from time to time
WHAT YOU BRING TO LOOKER
- 2 + years’ experience in AP preferred
- Basic knowledge of accounting
- Proficient at Excel
- Good time management with the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team, in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent internal and external communication skills, both written and verbal; Must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of personnel
- Attention to detail, accuracy of data entry, and organizational skills are important
- NetSuite/Expensify experience a plus
A LITTLE MORE ABOUT LOOKER
Looker is a complete data platform that offers data analytics and business insights to every department, and easily integrates into applications to deliver data directly into the decision-making process. The company is powering data-driven cultures at more than 1300 industry-leading and innovative companies such as Sony, Amazon, The Economist, IBM, Spotify, Etsy, Lyft and Kickstarter. The company is headquartered in Santa Cruz, California, with offices in San Francisco, New York, Chicago, Boulder, London and Dublin, Ireland. Investors include CapitalG, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Meritech Capital Partners, Redpoint Ventures, First Round Capital, Sapphire Ventures and Goldman Sachs. For more information, connect with us on LinkedIn
or visit looker.com
Looker aspires to be a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspective, and background lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users. We encourage you to join us in changing the way businesses use data.