Who we are ?
Launched in 2013, OYO is India’s largest branded network of hotels. Its network currently spans over 200 Indian cities including all major metros, regional commercial hubs, leisure destinations, and key pilgrimage towns. The company’s vision is to become the most preferred and trusted hotel brand in the world.
OYO was founded by Ritesh Agarwal, the first resident Asian to be accepted to the Thiel Fellowship (started by Paypal founder Peter Thiel). He recently featured in the Forbes 30 under 30 lists in the global, Indian and Asian edition under the Consumer Tech category. OYO is backed by the world’s leading investors including the Softbank Group, Lightspeed Venture Partners India, Sequoia Capital and Greenoaks Capital. In August 2015, it was identified as among the “50 next start-up unicorns” by New York Times. It has also received acclaim and accolades such as Startup of the Year Express IT Award, Quest Experience Award for Best Use of Social Media for CX Improvement, NDTV Dream Chaser of the Year, Lufthansa ET Now Runway to Success Award, TIE Lumis Business Excellence Award and India International Travel Mart Award. Ritesh received the Business World Young Entrepreneur Award in 2015. He recently featured in the Forbes 30 under 30 lists (Global, India, Asia) under the Consumer Tech category.
What responsibilities will you get when working with us?
- Build large scale backend services to be consumed by millions of mobile and web clients
- Design, code, and develop new features/fix bugs/add enhancements to large scale services consumed by mobile and web clients
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various system resources
- Independently own, drive and evolve product systems/sub-systems Architect highly scalable, highly available, reliable, secure and fault tolerant systems with minimal guidance
- Suggest new architectural elements to improve the existing architecture Design and implement low latency RESTful services
- Define API contracts between services; Version APIs and make them backward compatible Choose the right technology stack for the product systems/sub-systems Write high quality code that are modular, functional and testable
- Establish the best coding practices Formally mentor junior engineers on design, coding and troubleshooting
- Required Proficient in Java, J2EE technology stack Experience in building scalable, low latency applications
- Expertise in API design and development Very strong object oriented design skills, awareness of design patterns and architectural patterns Troubleshooting memory issues, GC tuning, resource leaks etc
- Strong problem solving skills, algorithmic skills and data structures Experience in agile methodologies like Scrum Good understanding of branching, build, deployment, continuous integration methodologies
What will you need to be successful in this role?
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or related technical discipline
- 8+ years of Software Development experience
- 3+ years of experience in building and leading strong engineering teams
- Deep hands-on technical experience in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis
- Extensive backend programming experience in one or more of the following: C/C++, Java, Go, Python
- Track record of data-driven decisions.
- Ability to prioritize competing features and requirements
- Experience in building and running distributed systems for always-up services at a large scale
- Ability to motivate and maximize productivity in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to pick and use the best technology for the problem statement
- Experience with full software lifecycle methodology, including; coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to identify, empathize with and delight the customer
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill
Inspired and interested in the job? Apply!
Are you ready to live your dream and apply for this role?. Please visit our career page; https://www.oyorooms.com/team#careers