Location: Seattle, Washington, United States
Do your friends edge away from you at barbecues because you have insanely strong opinions on database schemas? (“Actually, advances in schemaless structures have really wiped the slate clean. We're in a brave new world of database architecture!”) If so, you're our database engineer. We're growing our team from scratch to attack a multi-billion dollar market and we need your help. Are you in?
- Manage large database clusters in the cloud worldwide handling billions of records
- Work closely with software engineers to review schemas, SQL statements and stored procedures
- Work closely with software engineers to evangelize secure and scalable data access patterns and schemas
- Participate in on call rotations to maintain a highly available data infrastructure that meets our SLA requirements
- Prepare disaster recovery plans and drive routine disaster recovery tests.
- Write code (in Powershell, Python etc) to automate deployments, backups and recovery and schema migrations
- Closely monitor performance and proactively tune and optimize on a regular basis
- Build an auto-remediaion system to automatically resolve production incidents before they are escalated to on-call engineers.
- Security is paramount. Maintain data intergrity and a secure environment at all times. Audit all authorized and unauthorized access.
- Demonstrated success in current career
- Tons of passion around how technology helps people in their daily lives
- Hunger for novel challenges
- Experience with either SQL or NoSQL database running in the cloud.
- Microsoft SQL (2014 or later) preferred
- Basic linux (centos, redhat) OS knowledge. A desire to learn Linux.
- Building something awesome and lasting even though you didn't know anything about it when you started
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary, 401K with employer match, and equity
- Unlimited paid time off
- A supportive parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at Axon.