SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SOFTWARE ENGINEER - HARDWARE TEST
The SpaceX Satellite team is looking for an experienced Hardware Test Engineer that will design and develop test capabilities in support of spacecraft development.
- Development and execution of test suites and testing strategies for avionics, covering electronic components such as memory, sensors, communications buses, power conversion units, and full functional testing of an assembled electro-mechanical subsystem
- Development of Test racks / Automated Test Equipment that will eventually be deployed to Production
- Expertise in test equipment and measurement techniques
- Creation of automation software to interact with Automated Test Equipment, Units Under Test, instrumentation
- Development of prototype test systems such as Hardware-In-The-Loop test suites
- Design and implement a flexible, scalable, and maintainable test software infrastructure encompassing test authoring, test execution, data storage, and results reporting
- Develop and maintain database backend and front end reporting tools
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering
- 5+ years of work experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Masters of Science Degree in engineering or equivalent area of focus
- Proficiency in C#, NI TestStand, and SQL development, knowledge of Python and source code version control
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment that includes working with changing needs and requirements
- Experienced with spacecraft and spacecraft systems Acceptance Test Procedures (ATP), Manufacturing Test Procedures (MTP), and Qualification Test Procedures (QTP).
- Understanding and experience in environmental testing such as vibration, shock, thermal, burn-in, and TVAC
- Familiarity with SMC-S-016 and GSFC-STD-7000A.
- Have tested and shipped products that require high reliability and fault tolerance
- Thorough knowledge of software, mechanical and electronic systems
- Strong skills in debugging and unit testing
- Creative approach to problem solving and exceptional analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.