SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Business Intelligence Developer
• The successful candidate will be responsible for Enterprise Reporting Development starting with gathering and defining the initial requirements, working diligently towards development, testing, implementation, and support. The successful candidate must also have the ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical resources. This position will directly obtain and document reporting and analysis needs with business users and then translate those requirements into one or more reusable parts.
• Produce complex ad-hoc queries and reports to steer the HR organization.
• Act as a business partner to identify opportunities, generate creative solutions and develop reports, with the end user in mind, that will assist in driving business decisions.
• Communicate steering tools and best practices to the organization. Proactively identify potential issues and collaborating on problem resolutions, team decisions and project planning.
• Design and develop data extracts from source MS SQL databases.
• Develop detailed test conditions and test cases to ensure data accuracy.
• Gather user requirements and assist users with data interpretation.
• Research and troubleshoot data questions and misinterpretations.
• Design, develop and debug new tools to best fit the needs of a fast paced growth.
• 5+ years of data analysis and report development experience.
• 3+ years of business intelligence tool experience.
• 3+ years MS SQL Server 2008 R2/2012 T-SQL query writing.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Experience with MS SQL Server 2012.
• Experience with Tableau Dashboard Development.
• BA/BS in computer science, management information systems, statistics, operation management, or mathematics.
• Basic understanding and knowledge of production and supply chain functions.
• Experience with building predictive models using Python is a plus.
• Position may require long hours and weekend work.
• To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.