VICELAND is the new TV channel from VICE that will be arriving in 2017. The lifestyle and culture channel will feature original programming and series covering music, food, technology, sex, fashion and more. The channel is overseen by Oscar-winning writer/director Spike Jonze, a long-time VICE partner and creative director for the company, whilst all content is made by the in-house creative team at VICE.
As Production Executive for Viceland TV Benelux you are responsible for managing your team, crew and resources to maximise the production output. You will be responsible for helping to budget, schedule and oversee production management of all programmes and development projects undertaken by the department, reporting to the Head of TV.
- Support the Head of TV as a central point of communication so that you have an overview of the status of each production
- Initiate and implement communication systems that will ensure you have an overview of the status of each production
- Supervise Production Manager/Line producers and their teams on productions within the department to check progress and flag up any potential problems, such as scheduling, overrunning or overspend to the Head of TV
- Review production cost reports as required
- Establish and maintain effective communications with TV teams to ensure mutually beneficial information flow
- Monitor the progress of production and offer solutions to any production management problems that may arise, flagging any issues and referring up to the Head of TV as required
- Work with third-party suppliers to ensure best value for money
- Communicate effectively to the production teams company policies including risk assessments, heath & security, child protection, data protection and bribery policies and all possible compliance issues during pre production, production and post production
- Encourage existing working practices and implement new working practices to lower the cost of production
- Ensure correct procedures for ends of contracts and that appropriate handovers are undertaken when key crew leaves the production
- Advise on basic clearance and legal/compliance issues as required, referring up to the Head of TV and key legal team as required
- Acting as Production Manager as required
- Manage effective working relationships between TV production teams and key in-house support functions including post-production
- To undertake such other tasks including general administrative duties as required