SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Production Supervisor – Fusion Welding (1st Shift)
- Supervise shop floor activity, including daily schedules and workflow.
- Resolve nonconformance issues including documentation of associated rework.
- Demonstrate effective communication that supports a motivated workforce to deliver the company’s goals and objectives.
- Continuously improving process and manpower efficiency, utilization and productivity.
- Lead and manage a staff of ~20 technicians including all performance management related tasks.
- Review work instructions and make change recommendations when needed.
- Responsible for assessing & vetting the appropriate skillsets needed.
- Identifying and set-up of training programs.
- Provide required data & reporting to support departmental metrics and improvement objectives.
- Monitor labor hours and overtime, and implement improvement plans and time management with staff.
- Accomplishes production results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job results.
- Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; studying methods.
- Production risk identification and mitigation.
- Ensure product quality and conformance to specifications.
- Maintain tooling and consumable supply inventory.
- Read, interpret and work from controlled documentation and processes.
- Continuously improving processes and manpower efficiency, utilization and productivity.
- Associate degree OR minimum of 5 years’ experience in a leadership role.
- Minimum of 2 years in high volume manufacturing experience.
- Experience with applying lean manufacturing principles, efficiency methods required.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- SpaceX experience preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) with Quality, Engineering and Production.
- Knowledge of GTAW (TIG), GMAW (MIG) of aluminum alloys using Manual, Semi-Automatic and Automatic/Robotic welding processes.
- Experience bringing teams and processes from development to production.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to read, interpret Engineering drawings, layout procedures, welding symbols.
- Safety training and/or safety certification.
- Able to adapt to constant changing work assignments and fast paced work environment.
- Experience monitoring, tracking and continually improving total cost equation.
- Must be willing to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
- Must be able to travel for short and extended trips as needed. Up to 10% travel.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs. unassisted.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods – 8 hours min.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.