Operations Interns work at the core of MassChallenge and are continuously involved in a broad variety of activities and functions. Throughout the course of your internship, you will work with members of the MassChallenge team across all different areas and gain valuable insight into how MassChallenge works.
- Be the right hand of the Site Manager. You will assist in maintaining daily office requirements and create plans and processes for the arrival of 128 startups 2017 accelerator program.
- Work with MassChallenge startup alumni. Assist in planning and setting up events.
- Be a go getter, you want to get things done as soon as possible.
- Create and improve processes for a successful execution of services-oriented tasks such as client moves, office space setup, office maintenance.
- Be the first point of contact for startup, staff and visitors
- Be the customer service specialist, you want to help people.
- Support others to make the things happen.
Desired Skills & Background:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Familiar with process improvement and streamlining efficiencies
- Strong Microsoft Office skills and background – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to prioritize and execute on given tasks and responsibilities
Benefits of working with MassChallenge
MassChallenge provides significant professional development and growth opportunities and access to an incredible network of innovators and entrepreneurs. Specifically, interns:
- Gain direct access to the world's highest-impact startups across all industries.
- Gain direct access to the world's best and most supportive startup resources, including top investors, corporate executives, politicians, university personnel and more.
- Learn how to optimize the growth of startups across multiple industries.
- Learn how and when startups should seek key resources and support.
General expectations of all applicants
- You are committed to success and will take this opportunity seriously.
- Ideally, you can commit 40 hours per week, we require a commitment of at least 25 hours per week.
- You are excited about the mission of MassChallenge to "Help entrepreneurs win".
- You will thrive on being at the center of the startup universe and take advantage of opportunities given to you during your internship.
- You can work effectively in a startup environment with relatively little structure.
- You are independent, biased to action, resourceful, and willing to learn while doing.
- You are well-versed in technology.
All MassChallenge interns are offered unparalleled access to global startups, expert mentors, and top service providers. The MassChallenge team devotes our time and energy to supporting our interns to ensure your success with MassChallenge and beyond.
Please note that MassChallenge is a 501(c)3 nonprofit, and startup, and all MassChallenge internships are unpaid.