Who Are We?
MemberSuite, Inc. is an enterprise Software Service (SaaS) company based in Atlanta, GA. With over 20 modules, our software powers the back office processes for more than 100 medium and large associations and non-profits, providing order processing, member self-service, and e-marketing. We believe firmly in the future of cloud computing and it’s inevitability; we believe every enterprise software market will be disrupted by a well architected, service-oriented, extensible SaaS solution, and the world’s market of 3.8 million non-profits are no exception. We believe in world domination – or go home.
What are we looking for?
Director, Software Engineering
The Director, Software Engineering will have responsibility and ownership for all technical aspects of delivering high-availability, enterprise-class software products that meet/exceed the increasingly complex market demands for our client's industry leading software-as-a-service products.
- Supervise recruitment, training, retention, and management of all software development quality and technical documentation staff in accordance with the company hiring process, personnel policies, and budget requirements
- Establish standards of performance and monitor conformance for staff (through performance review) and vendors (through service level agreements)
- Design, review and implement company’s product vision for delivering the company’s products and services
- Establish, review and continue to define the company’s Agile/Scrum software development methodology
- Establish quality assurance and testing regimens based on user stories and the user experience design
- Establish and oversee the software development process including setting coding conventions and documentation standards as defined by Agile/Scrum software development methodology
- Conduct code reviews and mentor staff as defined by the development methodology
- Establish and supervise a quality assurance process, including integration system testing
- Review and approve proposed development releases and manage the release process
- Establish application deployment process in conjunction with IT Ops and supervise all deployments to staging and production environments
- Monitor application performance and review any application failures in staging or production
- Establish a process to integrate customer service and support with the software engineering process to support resolution of customer issues and improve application usability
- Ensure technology standards and best practices are maintained across the organization.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices
- Expert knowledge of software engineering concepts (requirements management, development methodologies, testing and documentation) full life cycle projects from solution definition through development, implementation, rollout and ongoing support and enhancements
- Extensive experience architecting high-availability, large-scale, heavy transaction volume, real- time software-as-a-service products including integration of 3rd party systems and data in a software-as-a-service environment
- Minimum of 7+ years of experience managing .NET web application development and 2 to 3 years of experience leading the development of mobile applications for iOS, Android (tablets & mobile phones), experience developing enterprise social networking and business analytics applications preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience implementing industry-leading information security in a software-as-a-service environment
- Experience managing the on-time delivery of multiple product lines
- Experience interfacing with the CTO regarding overall direction
- Demonstrated leadership ability, executive presence, interpersonal and team building skills
- Must work well in a results-oriented, start-up environment with the ability to meet deadlines
- Creative thinker with ability to solve challenging problems in a collaborative setting
- Excellent business and customer experience instincts; demonstrated success in creating user- friendly software applications and customer-facing features
EDUCATIONAL & TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science required, Master’s degree in related field preferred
- Experience designing, building and supporting enterprise-class mobile, tablet and web- based commercial software applications/products built on Microsoft technologies that are compatible with Apple,and Android devices.
- 5+ years of experience of software development management experience in an Agile environment
Significant portion of above experience working for a software product company
- Certified Scrum Master (preferred)
What makes you, the ideal candidate; the right person to join our company?
You see, the right candidate – that candidate that will have a blast at our company – hates working on legacy systems, or being pigeon-holed into maintenance type jobs. The right candidate loves the opportunity to try out a new technology, or to work on a new feature, and then to be able to see how that features helps customers. The right candidate doesn’t want to be a cog in a machine; they want to drive the business forward. They want a stake in the company so that they can benefit from their hard work. They want to create something that didn’t exist before them, and feel the pride that comes from real people using it to make their jobs easier.
What You Will Get In Return
- Generous vacation time
- Health benefits
- Monthly Massages
- Flexible Work Hours
- Quarterly Activities
- Cool Equipment
- 360 Reviews
- Team Environment
At MemberSuite, we understand the value of building a strong product that enables our customers to do their jobs more efficiently and effectively. To support our customers effectively, we provide our Engineering team with the tools and equipment they need to be effective. This includes getting a high powered CPU, three flat screen monitors, and all of the snacks he/she can eat and drink. If a piece of equipment makes your life easier, we’ll get it for you.
Job Location: Dunwoody, Georgia
Position Type: Full Time
Compensation: Based on experience
**Please note that only qualified candidates with unrestricted employment authorization (US citizens or permanent residents) will be contacted. Also, this position is LOCAL, so only candidates residing in or near Atlanta will be considered. We are based near Perimeter Mall, in Dunwoody.
Want to learn more about our product?
Copy and paste the link to launch the MemberSuite demo!