EdX is looking for a Technical Writer to work on documentation for our MOOC platform. You will be part of a team that enthusiastically strives to make all edX users -- course staff, education researchers, learners, and the edX open source community – successful and productive.
This is an exceptional opportunity to drive technical communications, education technology, and software development. You will be at the center of our Engineering, Product, User Experience, and Services teams to lead the definition and development of the information our users need to accomplish their goals.
- Passionate and curious about education technology.
- An exceptional communicator, with writing samples that demonstrate strong organization and clarity, as well as a deep understanding of your audience.
- Known for your strong teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Experienced and comfortable with a wide range of software tools, and able to figure out complex software with little guidance.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic organization.
- Have professional experience in one or more of the following areas: software user assistance, online education, Python or other programming languages, Github, open source projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write clear, precise, well-organized, and user-centric technical content about the edX platform. Content can include task-based documentation, best practices, video instruction, knowledge base articles, blog posts, and forum responses.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to identify and define online learning best practices.
- Contribute to evolving Documentation team processes and standards.
- Work both independently and in a team environment while meeting all project deadlines.
- Become an expert in one or more areas of the edX platform.
- Applicants should provide a diverse set of work samples and a cover letter explaining why they would like this opportunity.
Applicants must be able to work out of our Cambridge, MA office. Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available.