Would you like to work on challenging projects in a great team that makes a real difference to peoples’ lives? Would you like to work in a supportive, positive and learning culture? If so, let’s look at this opportunity.
GOAL is an international NGO operating across the globe. Our mission is to work towards ensuring that the poorest and most vulnerable in our world and those affected by humanitarian crises have access to the fundamental rights of life, including but not limited to adequate shelter, food, water and sanitation, healthcare and education
GOAL began working in Turkey in 2014, responding to the needs of refugees displaced from Kobane. Subsequently, GOAL has worked towards creating a multi-donor programme in the Ankara, Gaziantep and Adana region with a particular focus on health care programming, whilst also incorporating livelihoods and emergency support components.
The role is to perform professional level duties related to Human Resources, including responsibilities in the following functional areas: personal administration and documentation, training, employment, recruitment, compliance, leave administration, benefits administration and events/recognition.
Assists the Coordinator of Human Resources to ensure operational effectiveness and exceptional customer service to the employee population of the Goal Turkey.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time.
HR Policies, Procedures,, Personnel Administration and Documentation
- Ensure HR policies, procedures, systems, and processes align for all HR functional areas and that programs are in line with GOAL values and principles.
- Able to maintain the highest degree on confidentiality and professional discretion.
- Maintains employee handbook and policies and procedures manual.
- Responsible for completion and accuracy of all personnel files. Ensure they are maintained to an exacting standard, kept up to date Conducts audits as needed and/or directed.
- Ensure that timesheets are completed monthly for all staff, paying particular attention to exiting staff
- Ensure the timely processing of new contract, contract extension, staff transfer, promotions and other change of status.
- Prepare all documents related to disciplinary actions, staff separation, and termination
- Update the employee database on all HRIS like vacation trucker system, share point, organizational chart and etc.
- Make documentation for timely processing of new contract, contract extension, staff transfer, promotions, salary increase and other change of status.
- Follow up and ensure about the all employee’s legal applications like work permit, residency permit SGK registration and etc.
Recruitment Planning and Staff Selection
- Advertise vacancies in a variety of publications, through partners and government agencies as required and through networking and referrals.
- Provide support to line managers at all stages of the recruitment process including organising and recruiting candidates within targets.
- Shortlist candidates, interview along with technical managers and follow up and report the all stages to HR Coordinator
- Complete all required preparations for new employee before start dates, like reference check, job offers terrorist vetting, announcement, legal documentations, employee file etc.
- Coordinate induction process and provide the HR orientation for all new staff.
- Ensure a transparent, timely and efficient recruitment process.
Inductions, Training and Staff Development
- Coordinate required induction materials and group induction days
- Report training attendances, all training completed, efficiency and updated annual training plan on a quarterly basis.
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with members of the external agencies and vendors.
- Other projects and duties as assigned by the Coordinator of Human Resources.
- Able to multi-task, communicate progress and meet deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related field strongly preferred. Master degree in HR is an asset.
- Current Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of previous experience in a Human Resources Role required. General knowledge of HR laws, practices and policies required.
- Excellent communication skills, including written and verbal. Comfortable giving presentations to both large and small groups.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Previous experience with HRIS and timekeeping systems strongly preferred.
- Fluent in Turkish and working level of English. Working level of Arabic is desirable;
- Previous NGO experience is an asset.
GOAL has a Staff Code of Conduct and a Child Protection Policy, which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants and children from exploitation. GOAL also has a confidentiality policy ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of GOAL, acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organisation without authority, except in the normal execution of duty. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these policies any job offer made is also subject to police clearance. GOAL is an equal opportunities employer.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document.