How would you like to be part of an international team which builds the content for one of the biggest e-commerce sites in the world?
We are looking for an energetic, outgoing and personable candidate with a customer mindset to build and maintain quality content for Agoda, one of the world’s most successful travel companies.
As Content Specialist, you will be the main content team point of contact for Japanese related projects. You will support local content and photography projects and continuously improve the quality of content on the agoda.com website. You will be in frequent contact with our accommodation partners and work directly with our Partner Services team to acquire content essentials (photos, hotel features and descriptions, neighborhood attractions), and maintain content quality across the properties in your market, including the growing segment of non-hotel accommodation.
This is a full-time position that is based in Tokyo, Japan, reporting to the Director of Content Development.
THIS POSITION IS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR VISA
- Handle day-to-day project coordination and communication with our accommodation partners by telephone, email and on occasion in-person meetings
- Ensure full cooperation with our accommodation partners to achieve photos quantity and quality goals
- Liaise with photography agencies and hotel partners to schedule photoshoots, and track / report progress and status
- Review photos to ensure they accurately reflect the character and facilities of the hotel, resulting in maximum bookings
- Collect essential hotel content by contacting accommodation properties and internal partners
- Support content intake and upkeep in backend content management system
- Able to collect essential content by contacting properties directly and convincing them of the importance of content. Great face-to-face and telephone communication skills
- Experience and / or strong interest in photography or photography editing - advantage
- Native fluency in Japanese and good English, both speaking and writing
- Proactive, friendly, with a sense of responsibility, and can work independently
- Flexibility, accuracy and an eye for detail
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, and Internet)
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited university
- Team player, motivated and enjoys working in e-travel and hospitality
- Business focused; positive attitude