Peek makes the world’s tours & activities easily bookable — anytime, anywhere. Our industry-leading technology, Peek Professional, empowers operators to better manage and grow their businesses. Peek.com and our award-winning mobile app connect people with everyday adventures that create lasting memories. CNBC labeled Peek as the “OpenTable for activities” and The New York Times called Peek.com “a site you want to visit again and again”.
Peek’s investors include technology veterans such as Eric Schmidt (Google), Jack Dorsey (Twitter, Square), David Bonderman (TPG) and Carl Sparks (Travelocity). In 2014 Peek was named one of the world’s Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Travel by Fast Company and one of the 50 Best Websites by TIME. Peek’s CEO was named one of Fortune’s Most Powerful Women Entrepreneurs and one of Forbes’ 30 Under 30. Peek’s 50+ person team brings together experience and expertise from the likes of OpenTable, Google, Eventbrite, Gilt Groupe, Trulia and Symantec.
About the Content Intern Position
Peek is looking for a talented and passionate individual to assist with copy writing, content editing, fact checking and quality assurance for content on Peek.com and other digital content. We are a small group, so there is opportunity to have a significant impact on the company’s content and online presence. The position is ideal for college students or recent grads seeking experience at an exciting, early-stage travel technology startup with substantial traction. This is a part-time (20-30 hours/wk), temporary position with the possibility for transitioning to full time. The position is on-site in San Francisco.
• Review and edit activity pages and other content on Peek.com
• Respond to editorial requests from Peek’s partners to ensure high-quality content that meets partner approval
• Ensure adherence to Peek’s style guide in order to preserve Peek’s voice and brand
• Assist as needed with other editorial and marketing copy
• Develop a holistic understanding of Peek’s creative and editorial processes
• Research photos to use in activity pages and other digital content
• May include researching activities and tour operators spanning diverse geographic locations
• Communicate and collaborate with the in-house Peek Editorial Team
• Recent college graduate or an upperclassman in college
• Prior copywriting/copyediting experience highly desirable
• Communications, English, Literature, Creative Writing or Social Sciences major preferred
• Excellent communication skills, with a friendly yet professional demeanor in both verbal and written communication
• Very organized with impeccable attention to detail, someone who geeks out over grammar and has an eagle eye
• Process-oriented yet adaptable to change
• Avid research expertise with a penchant for problem solving
• Quick learner with strong computer skills and data entry skills
• Prior experience with an online content management system highly desirable
• Spanish fluency a plus
• A passion for travel and travel writing
• Temporary, 20-30 hours per week
• This in an on-site position in San Francisco
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at Peek.