Interested in working at Hudl? Awesome. Here’s what you need to know.
Our goal is to change the way coaches, athletes and analysts prepare for and stay ahead of the competition. Whether it’s with video, stats or a combination of the two, we want our tools to help every step of the way. That’s why we’re always hiring, and we need the best because a product is only as good as the people behind it.
As the Consumer Insights Intern at Hudl, you'll spend time on both qualitative and quantitative insights work alongside our Decision Science team in the Omaha, NE office. On the qualitative side, you'll help with recruiting research participants for product and business initiatives and help collect, organize and publish key research findings internally. On the quantitative side, you'll work alongside our Data Analysts on projects involving SQL and with administrative tasks like backlog grooming and documentation.
- Innovative. You have a technical aptitude and want to level up our team by making our processes more efficient. It’s an added bonus if you have SQL knowledge or experience writing surveys!
- Detail-oriented. You’re comfortable with managing and prioritizing multiple projects with varying deadlines.
- Self-motivated. You jump into projects and make them your own. You’re not afraid of research and can present your results with confidence.
- A natural communicator. Not only will you communicate across the company about research requests, you’ll coordinate externally with coaches and teams.
- Triage daily requests. When other Hudlies want access to information, you’ll be the one to handle their requests and determine the best way to coordinate qualitative research or pull quantitative research.
- Work with coaches and athletes. You’ll find, recruit and excite the best coaches and athletes for our user research requests. You’ll coordinate and schedule their conversations with our product team.
- Learn. You’ll get a real-world look into just how heavily quantitative and qualitative data impacts a company like Hudl, and how they work together to answer vital questions for us.
- Communicate. You understand the importance of keeping stakeholders updated on progress—everyone knows where things stand when you’re in charge.
- Treat you like a full-time employee. You’re part of the team, with real responsibilities and the opportunity to make a big impact at Hudl. We want to hear what you think and will often ask you to weigh in on team decisions.
- Give you what you need. We’re happy to supply the environment and tools for success, so you can focus on learning new and fun skills. You’ll enjoy daily lunch and swag perks.
- Challenge you. Our internship program is designed to give you a challenging and rewarding experience.