The Director, Content Acquisition will work closely with the VP, Content Acquisition to drive content acquisition opportunities and manage deal flow and execution for Vimeo. By keeping a pulse on emerging trends throughout the content landscape s/he will be able to develop, maintain, and execute strategic partnerships in order to expand our premium content offerings with an emphasis on high quality content relevant to Vimeo’s global audience and consistent with its unique brand. The successful candidate will understand and communicate Vimeo’s points of differentiation within the film, television, and online video content communities, emphasizing Vimeo’s strength as a respected content curator and authority on the “next big thing” in content creation.
What you'll do:
- Manage all aspects of assigned deals, negotiation, financial analysis, forecasting, and contract drafting as well as long-term partner management
- Identify appropriate content to acquire, set verifiable timelines designed to maximize marketing value, and develop business cases for opportunistic content acquisitions
- Identify strategic windowing strategies for high value new release content, with the focus of securing an exclusive Vimeo window ahead of more traditional exploitation paths
- Work with marketing, PR, and community teams on opportunities to promote Vimeo programming initiatives
- Maintain and drive new/existing relationships with digital distributors to expand Vimeo’s reach across key platforms and devices, driving user engagement and profitable growth
- Track, assess, and report on competing offerings, business models and key industry trends to ensure awareness of potential implications on new and existing deals
- Collaborate with the VP on the strategic short and long-term premium catalog plan to drive viewing and purchases
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- 10+ years of experience in digital media, business development, content acquisition and/or entertainment
- BA/BA degree
- Extensive knowledge of the online content landscape, key players and market opportunities
- Deep knowledge of international content landscape with particular emphasis on TV series programming
- Strong mix of strategic thinking to identify appropriate mix of content and partnerships and excellent negotiation skills required to close multi-year, multi-faceted licensing agreements
- Proven ability to take initiative, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and work against tight deadlines.
- Experience managing deals from initial conversations to title launch
- Strong understanding of the feature film and home video business coupled with hands-on experience in content acquisition and digital distribution
- Exceptional analytical skills with strong attention to detail
- Ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
Vimeo’s mission is to empower creators to make, share and sell amazing videos directly to viewers worldwide, in the highest quality possible and with no interruptive advertising. Vimeo is home to the world’s leading video creators and the hundreds of millions of viewers who love them. We’d love to welcome you to both our team, and our community.
Founded in 2004 and based in New York City, Vimeo, Inc is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IACI).