Backed by Benchmark, Index Ventures, and Sequoia Capital, Confluent is an infrastructure company founded and led by the original authors and thought leaders behind Apache Kafka, one of the most successful open source data projects ever. Confluent’s products let leaders in industries spanning retail, logistics, manufacturing, financial services, technology and media move data from isolated silos into a real-time data nervous system. We believe all businesses will come to be modeled in software and built atop a streaming platform, and we want to put ours at the heart of every company, both on-premises and in the cloud.
About the Role:
We are building a team of passionate designers excited about creating and marketing products that will put our technology in the hands of users around the world. As a Designer, you will work closely with both our Marketing and Product teams to drive awareness and usage of the Confluent brand and platform. You will be instrumental in helping us create a consistent look and feel throughout the company.
We want someone who can craft compelling stories and communicate their ideas through thoughtful design. You’ll need to be able to work closely with our product team to understand our technology and give it a face that makes it easy for users to understand and use.
- Collaborate closely with product managers to design interfaces that make Confluent technology easy to use.
- Collaborate closely with the marketing team to drive awareness around the Confluent brand and platform. Create and manage our a brand style guide and art assets.
- Come up with ridiculously elegant solutions and workflows to make UI and visuals that delight users and effectively communicate our story.
- Articulate design decisions and ideas to a variety of audiences ranging from super technical engineers to designers and clients.
- Identify and understand your target users. Use feedback from analytics, user testing, and clients to make well informed decisions on how to iterate and prioritize upcoming initiatives.
- Provide and receive great feedback from your teammates and clients.
- Help define and create an amazing brand around Confluent.
What We're Looking For:
- Ability to innovate like crazy and design your way through the toughest problems.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop) and Sketch.
- Talented at a wide range of design skills ranging from interaction to visual design.
- Experience with preparing deliverables
- A portfolio or link to examples showing your design process, a great eye for aesthetics, and depth of design work.
- Prototyping and basic web development is a plus.
- Really excited about working with our team and bringing real-time data to businesses everywhere.