SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
DEVELOPMENT TEST TECHNICIAN
- Support the development of prototype test capabilities for spacecraft component development and life tests
- Assist in the identification, installation and implementation of test equipment, instrumentation and data acquisition systems.
- Ensure lab equipment is maintained and calibrated, track calibration schedules.
- Responsible for some preventative maintenance activities on test equipment and data acquisition systems
- Identify test equipment requirements for planned tests, maintain test consumables inventory, and develop test procedures and processes accordingly
- Perform test setups as needed to support developments across several test regimes - Thermal, Shock, T-Vac, Vibration.
- Proficient in programing dynamic parameters in digital vibration control systems
- Ability to setup and conduct vibration testing on electrodynamics shaker systems including:
- Mechanical setup of vibration test fixtures
- Changing shaker axis configurations
- Instrumentation installation
- Troubleshooting techniques
- Able to conduct axis modifications
- Lead efforts to uncover root-cause and develop permanent resolution on issues found during product builds
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a test lab environment
- Associates Degree required
- Ability to distinguish colors is required
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Familiarity with instrumentation and data acquisition systems
- Strong computer and analytical skills including proficiency in spreadsheets, databases, shop floor management software (ERP) and related programs
- Spacecraft experience
- Strong understanding of technical documentation, engineering drawings, and schematics.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Experience leading a team of technicians in a development environment.
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- Repetitive assembly operations, grasping, standing, lifting, bending, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, and carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50lbs.
- Able to work overtime and weekends as needed.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.