SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
NDE (NON-DESTRUCTIVE EVALUATION) LEVEL II - PHASED ARRAY ULTRA SONICS INSPECTION TECHNICIAN (PAUT)Overview:A NDE Level II Inspection technician position at SpaceX sits within the quality control network supporting production as part of the NDE organization within the QA department. The NDE function is organized within focused production area cells alongside the production activities utilizing multiple and varied inspection methods to efficiently provide quality control and protect product reliability.SpaceX utilizes the latest cutting edge metal joining methodologies such as Friction Stir Welding for the construction of our launch systems from advanced light weight, high strength aluminum alloys. This role will involve primarily the volumetric Phase Array Ultrasonic inspection, as well as the utilization of Eddy Current and some Dye Penetrant testing for near surface indication / defect identification with small and large structural weldments.Responsibilities:
- Perform volumetric NDE inspections with Advanced Phased Array Ultra Sonics: Triple transducer crawler arrangement
- Perform near surface NDE inspections with Eddy Current and Dye Penetrant inspection methods
- Interpret, evaluate, communicate and report findings to production & Engineering
- Interpret and review engineering drawings as required
- Support the development of NDE inspection techniques for complex geometries
- Assist in training and developing others within the team
- Support research and development in to Full Matrix Capture Phased Array Ultra Sonics for operational improvement and optimization
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- A minimum of 2 years of experience as a Level II Non-Destructive Technician
- NDT Level II certification in line with ASNT-TC-1A or NAS-410 guidance in Ultra Sonics (UT) including Phased Array (PAUT)
- NDE Level II certification in line with ASNT - TC-1A guidance in Eddy Current (UT) & Dye Penetrant (PT)
- Certified Weld Inspector Status (CWI)
- Basic computer skills: Microsoft applications – word, power point, excel etc
- Operational experience of utilizing PAUT systems for the inspection of weldments
- Knowledge of Olympus Tomoview software
- Utilisation of Focus LT hardware
- Hands on experience using portable digital equipment such as Olympus EPOCH 600
- Knowledge of Uniwest / Nortec Eddy Current machines or equivalent
- Knowledge of NASA 5009 standards
- Knowledge of AMS, AWS / ASME, ASTM etc
- Problem Solving tools and techniques: Practical Problem Solving (PPS), 8D
- Basic understanding of lean principles: 5s, Kaizen, Continuous improvement initiatives
ITAR Requirements:To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs unassisted, bend, stretch, stand for extended periods of time, climb stairs, reach, twist, sit, walk, and/or run
- Must be willing to work overtime and on weekends if needed
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at SpaceX.