SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.Quality Inspector Responsibilities:
- Provide detailed in-process inspections on launch vehicle metallic structural assemblies, using detailed drawings, and established processes to verify conformance to design requirements.
- Communicate and help resolve quality related issues as they relate to department.
- Document production non-conformances in accordance with prescribed procedures and processes as required.
- Support Quality Management System policies and procedure documentation, assess compliance to company and industry standards, initiate and lead continual improvement and Lean Manufacturing initiatives.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a launch vehicle or aircraft structural assembly environment.
- Minimum of 3 months working at SpaceX in the production group.
- 3 years of experience working with Material Review Board and Root Cause/Corrective Action systems.
- 3 years of experience working with design data systems, manufacturing enterprise resource systems, electronic databases, and paperless work instructions. 3 years of experience with the AS/ISO family of standards especially AS9100C.
- B.S. or Associate's degree in a technical or engineering field is preferred.
- Excellent communication and team-building skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced /cross-functional environment.
- Military experience is preferred.
- Strong technical writing skills, ability to communicate effectively with management and departments, and fundamental problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently with a strong work ethic, be innovative, detail oriented, possess initiative, be positive, and be people oriented.
- A&P License is highly preferred.
- Strong understanding of safety programs and OSHA regulations and requirements.
- Practical experience working within Quality Management Systems (AS9100 and ISO 9001).
- Must be able to work either 1st Shift (5:00am-3:30pm) or 2nd shift hours (3:30pm-2:00am) based on staffing needs, and overtime as needed.
- Must be able to read and interpret design drawings
- Experience with technical writing.
- Experience with Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs. unassisted
- Must be able to stand for extended periods – 8 hours min.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, crawl, and being able to maneuver in tight spaces.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations,applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at SpaceX.