SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
APPRENTICE CNC MACHINIST
- Setup and operate CNC Mills
- Validate CNC programs and offer feedback needed to improve programs
- Adjust speeds and feeds as needed and make minor CNC program edits at the machine
- Measure dimensions of work pieces to ensure conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments
- Setup and operate a range of conventional machine tools including: drill presses, band saws, mills, and lathes
- Perform precision assembly tasks and other bench work
- Assist engineers and engineering interns in completing a broad range of fabrication and assembly tasks
- Perform various shop maintenance and support tasks: refilling coolant, organizing, cleaning
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2+ years experience in setting up CNC machines.
- Knowledge of CAD/CAM software
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of Mastercam
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Experience with Haas milling machines
- Experience with on machine touch probe systems
- Ability to work off hours on short notice to support critical flight testing
- Ability to work in a fast paced, autonomously driven, and demanding atmosphere
- Strong work ethic and drive to succeed
- Passion for advancing the commercial spaceflight industry and human spaceflight
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- Standing for long periods of time, climbing up and down ladders, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, and stretching may be required to perform the functions of this position
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs. unassisted
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.