SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.Apprentice Electron Beam Welder - Dragon
EB Welder Apprentice will assist with the following:
- Operation of a Hamilton Standard electron-beam and a PTR welding machine
- Will ultimately be responsible for tooling setup and weld prep/weld setup
- Ability to follow direction from other EB welders as well as engineering
- Must Follow WPS procedures released by weld engineering
- General machine preventative maintenance and test will be required daily
- EB welding on several types of metal including titanium, stainless steel, copper, C103, and ICONEL
- Able to use hand tools and measurement devices
- Basic understanding of NDE requirements for acceptable welds
- Responsible for cleanliness of hardware and working environment
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Prior experience with TIG or electron beam welding.
- Prior experience welding aerospace products
- Trade School certificate preferred
- Understanding of FOD critical hardware
- Hamilton Standard machine experience highly preferred
- Must be capable of cutting, polishing, and etching weld development samples
- Must be mechanically inclined to use simple hand tools
- Knowledge of AWS D17.1 desired
- Must be able to work off-shift with minimal notice.
- Must be able to travel to different sites, as needed.
- Must be able to work all shifts and available for overtime and weekends as needed.
- Repetitive assembly operations, grasping, standing, lifting, bending, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, and carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position.
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs. unassisted.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.