SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Avionics Test Technician
- Self-monitor work progress against fast-paced area benchmarks and achieve on time delivery of all work.
- Working with design engineers to develop and document test procedures.
- Using a wide range of test equipment including establishing and maintaining specialized test setups.
- Performing tests and recording test results.
- Working with design engineers to troubleshoot failures.
- Conducting tests at external specialist test houses.
- Programming and operating environmental test chambers.
- Record work performed on shop floor management system (ERP).
- Perform verifications of flight hardware and documenting results in a clear, precise and complete manner.
- Assist with the development of production processes for first time production runs.
- Assist with area efficiency and 5S improvement projects.
- Responsible for some preventative maintenance activities on test equipment and data acquisition systems.
- Ability to use mechanical hand tools and torque wrenches to setup test fixtures.
- Associate's degree or higher required
- Minimum 3 years of experience in test procedure development
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- BSEET degree preferred
- Experience with thermal vacuum testing
- Experience with vibration and shock testing
- Some experience in space, aviation, military or other high-reliability operating environments is highly desirable
- Software skills- LabVIEW or Python desired
- Capable of working with diverse electrical test equipment analog and digital and RF
- Strong team working skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Must be willing to work 2nd shift, 3:30pm – 2:00am
- Must be able to work overtime and weekends as needed.
- Repetitive assembly operations, grasping, standing, lifting, bending, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, and carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. unassisted
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.