SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- Perform quality dimensional and visual inspection and testing of precision machined components by using various measuring devices to ensure compliance with engineering specifications. Has knowledge and understanding of the cause of quality Issues and communicates concerns to Engineering, manufacturing and Inspection. Works with others in Manufacturing and quality to identify root causes. Operates coordinate measuring equipment to measure dimensions parts by performing the following duties.
- Able to Select and utilize standard gauges to ensure quality. Know which tool has the required accuracy to inspect feature tolerances.
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of Romer ARM or CMM setups to achieve the desired inspection. Has working knowledge of PCDMIS and is proficient at writing program for CMM or ARM. Knows when and what tool is required to complete the Job at hand.
- Can identify engineering and design GD&T issues and errors creating ambiguity in the manufacturing and inspection process. Works with Team to apply process improvement.
- Works to Identify improvement by building of SpaceX team awareness to Quality policies and Procedures in support with Company Goals.
- Understands GD&T requirements as applied to the engineering drawing and drawing notes. Can spot interpretation issues as applied to dimensions written or evaluation to requirements.
- Help others around them to exceed the expectations of their job.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 5 years related experience CMM Inspection and/or Programming experience
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- CMM experience, including programming on multi-sensing CMMs (Vision, Laser, Touch Probe, etc.)
- Ability to assist with designing/developing quality gauging to improve efficiencies
- Understands and adheres to ISO 9001
- Read and understand all drawing criteria, GD&T, notes and tolerances
- Set-up CMM or Romer Arm
- Able to lift a minimum of 50lbs. unassisted.
- Able to work overtime and 2nd shift hours as needed.
- Able to stand for extended periods- 8 hours min.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, crawl, and being able to maneuver in tight spaces.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed.
- Repetitive movement, bending or twisting, using hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools or controls, exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.