SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Expeditor – Spacecraft Research & Development
The Production Coordinator role is a key position within the Spacecraft Production department. Production Coordinators serve as the cross-departmental points of contact for their assigned organization, ensuring accurate and timely communication of Production requirements and hardware progress for on-time delivery of Spacecraft hardware. This role is ideally suited to an internally-motivated individual who is able to organize and communicate complex production workflow information and leverage companywide resources to ensure smooth hardware flow from start to finish.
- Coordination with all applicable SpaceX departments to ensure on-time delivery of parts to your assigned work center
- Support of smooth production flow by ensuring that all required parts and support equipment are available to the production floor to support hardware progress
- Coordination with Production Planning team to establish work order release schedules, ensuring that they are synchronized with the production schedule demands of your assigned department
- Timely movement of parts completed in your work center to the next location in the production flow
- Communication of expected late deliveries caused by your assigned area to the affected department(s)
- Accurate tracking of part shortages, including estimated delivery dates, and positively influencing delivery schedules whenever possible
- Coordination with all applicable parties to return non-conforming product back into normal workflow in accordance with Issue ticket workflow
- Regular communication of part status information to Production leadership
- Minimum of high school diploma or GED
- Minimum of 3 years of experience supporting departmental administration processes
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in Business or related field of study
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Strong Computer skills, familiar with the full suite of Microsoft products
- Experience with MRP/ERP systems
- Prior experience within the aerospace, automotive, semiconductor, or electronic industries
- Experience in organizing files and documents
- Ability to lift 25 lbs. unassisted
- Lifting, standing, climbing, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, and carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position
- Must be open to working all required shift hours, including overtime and weekends, as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.