SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
IT Services Technician-I
We are looking for an experienced IT Services Technician with strong knowledge and experience in world class IT service delivery. This position will be responsible for supporting IT services and is responsible for service delivery and customer satisfaction, in a mode consistent with the franchised IT environment and architecture. Candidates must have experience working in organizations capable of meeting the demanding needs of “high caliber engineers” and supporting critical operations such as Launch and Mission operations and 24x7 manufacturing operations. The Launch and Mission IT team is responsible for supporting all networks and systems associated with launch, mission, and recovery operations globally. This position will be responsible for supporting Launch and Mission Operations administrators and engineers at our existing launch sites on Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, FL and Vandenberg Air Force Base, CA. This position in located in Cape Canaveral, FL and will travel to both California and Texas.
The ideal candidate will be flexible and flourish in a fast paced and challenging environment. He or she should be a self-starter and have excellent motivation, leadership, and ingenuity to excel at this position. The ideal candidate will have direct experience supporting Cisco-based local area networks.
• Provide 1st tier and 2nd tier support to our employees who require assistance with their information technology resources.
• Utilize our help desk system to monitor and assign tickets.
• Install and configure computers, telephones, and other common technology/devices for new and existing employees.
• Provide after-hours or weekend support when necessary to perform high-risk or planned downtime of our IT systems for upgrades and maintenance.
• Support the company with the regular maintenance of monitoring, backup, and infrastructure systems.
• Candidates must have 2-4 years of stable work experience building, deploying and troubleshooting computer systems within a mid to large enterprise environment.
• Must be able to troubleshoot computer hardware, printers, and software, Microsoft technologies (Windows 7), and IP networks.
• Must be able to perform light configuration and troubleshooting of IP networks and virtual LAN's.
• Working knowledge of audio visual equipment.
• Must be comfortable working with mission critical and sensitive systems, with a sense of urgency appropriate to the responsibilities.
• Ability to address and resolve information technology issues promptly, effectively and independently.
• Motivated self-starter personality, able to work independently while maintaining patience with the constant interruptions of needy coworkers.
• Must be physically fit enough to regularly lift up to 50 lbs. for duties such as delivering computers, unpacking and rack-mounting equipment, etc.
• Due to the high visibility of this position, excellent written, verbal and phone communications skills are a must.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field is preferred but not required.
• A+, Network+, MCSE, and other technical certifications preferred but not required.
• To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-