SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Launch Technician, Launch Pad Systems & Operations
• Aircraft/airframe/flight-line/missile/space launch vehicle structures assembly experience
• Over-head crane, forklift, and man-lift proficient
• Ability to read, understand and follow detailed schematics, drawings and instructions
• Ability to gather, verify and arranges data from multiple sources
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Must be mechanically inclined and proficient with all types of hand tools
• Ability to work with a team or independently
• Willing to work long hours, off-shifts, and weekends
• Ability to pay close attention to details
• Ability to maintain a safe and clean working environment while adhering to company policies, quality policies and industry standards
• High School Diploma or equivalent GED required
• Experience supporting launch pad operations during a SpaceX launch campaign
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Military Aviation experience as a propulsion or airframe technician
• Airframe and Associates degree in Aerospace Technology or equivalent
• Power Plant License
• SpaceTEC Certification
• Added skills may include pneumatic/hydraulic system fabrication, orbital welding, structural welding, machinist skills, familiarity with calibrated measuring instruments, steel fabrication skills, layout work, heavy equipment operation, all types of construction experience, CDL license
• Windows 2000/XP, Intermediate
• Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook), Intermediate
• General physical fitness is required for some work areas. Flight hardware typically is built in tight quarters and physical dexterity is required
• Ability to lift heavy objects is required in this position (>50 lbs)
• Ability to work at elevated heights
• Typically exposed to work in extreme outdoor environments – heat, cold, rain
• Must be able to travel
• Must be able to pass Cape Canaveral Air Force Station background check
• To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.