SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Inventory Control Clerk
• Inventory Control Clerk is an important role in our process and directly affects the supply chain process at our Rocket Development Facility in Texas. Located on a 5,000 acre site in central Texas, the Rocket Development Facility is responsible for testing hardware from development stages through acceptance for flight, and from component level to complete stage testing. This positon will help to ensure that the inventory is correct and that our Technicians and Engineers have what they need in order to achieve our overall mission of sending humans to Mars.
• Receive, store and issue a wide variety of parts, details and hardware to support shop operations
• Store parts and materials in bins, drawers, and racks, identifying part and stored location
• Perform picking function to make up necessary kits of parts, material and hardware as required, ascertaining that all parts are available and accounted for in kit
• Maintain strict material handling practices in accordance with good practice/procedures.
• Monitor shelf-life storage and maintain proper rotation of stock
• Transact to company computer systems per procedures
• Perform stock checks as required by inventory control and other related departments
• Verify all material received for conformity with accompanying paperwork, checking for damage, correct part numbers, quantity and revisions
• Issue material against approved paperwork such as affixing verification and traceability on required serialized parts before issuing. Validate Part Trace.
• Perform daily cycle counts
• Perform good housekeeping, safety, 5S practices in area
• May be required to perform other related duties as assigned
• Support organization goals/metrics/objectives
• Input daily activity sheet
• High school diploma or GED required
• Minimum of 1 year of experience in inventory field
• Experience working with PPE system for inventory control
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, Access, & PowerPoint
• Previous experience working for SpaceX as an Inventory Control Clerk
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment
• Knowledge of MRP/ERP systems and functions
• Ability to make independent judgments with limited information
• Communication skills for relaying data (verbally and in-writing) between other employees and customers
• Valid forklift certification (re-testing is required)
• Must be available for overtime and weekends
• Work performed in warehouse environment
• Physical effort including standing, lifting, and carrying light to moderately heavy materials or equipment (15 to 50 lbs.)
• A valid Texas Driver’s License is required, and a clean driving record
• To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.