SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Vehicle Maintenance Technician
• Vehicle Maintenance Technicians work in a fast-paced environment, performing preventative maintenance and assisting with the repair of a variety of gasoline and diesel powered equipment and vehicles.
• Perform maintenance and repair of the following: combustion engines and transmissions, brake, electrical, fuel/ignition, and hydraulic systems, steering and running gear, starters, generators, alternators, and carburetors
• Perform preventive maintenance inspections
• Test, analyze, and repair company motor vehicles and construction equipment
• Maintain service reports, as well as keeping record of service manuals, scheduling, and completed preventive maintenance services
• Ensure that all vehicle and trailer registration tags and licensing remain current
• Coordinate with equipment rental vendors for service and repairs as well as the delivery and return of rented equipment
• Weld with both gas and electric, including vertical welding
• Pick up and deliver materials located on or off site to work site that may require travel outside work location
• Research available parts through print and online catalogs to ensure the best value for the company
• Perform other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• 3 to 5 years of vehicle maintenance experience
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Ability to perform preventive maintenance and repairs on a variety of gasoline and diesel powered equipment and vehicles.
• A demonstrated ability in reading/understanding technical manuals
• Ability to use hand tools, standard automotive tools and test equipment
• Working knowledge of computer programs to include Internet Explorer and Microsoft Office
• Communication skills for relaying data (verbally and in-writing) between other employees and customers
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment
• Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a high-paced, challenging work environment
• Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certification
• Ability to perform job duties that require standing, kneeling, crouching, twisting upper body, working in cramped positions in small opening and climbing hand over hand, lifting 50 lbs., and working on ladders/lifts at elevated heights
• Typically exposed to work in extreme outdoor environments – heat, cold, rain
• Must be available to work overtime and weekends when needed
• A valid Texas Driver’s License, and a clean driving record
• To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.