Guidewire Software is looking to hire a Senior QA Engineer to analyze and test the features of Guidewire's web-based enterprise scale applications as part of a collaborative, fast-paced team. We look for well-rounded engineers with great analytical skills, enthusiasm for taking ownership of features, a strong commitment to quality, and the ability to work closely and communicate effectively with developers and product managers.
At Guidewire, we use Agile programming techniques, such as test-driven development, continuous integration, and testing, and story-based iterative development to build better software and to build software in a better way.
In this role we look for critical thinkers - people who can rapidly consume domain knowledge and determine comprehensive, meaningful tests based on close collaboration with our Product Managers and industry experts. We place a high value on exploratory testing - testers spend the bulk of their time in the application finding issues based on an educated awareness of both specific requirements and customer's expectations.
You will work in a small, cross-functional team that iterates and improves, and work on difficult problems spanning both functional domains and technical depth. You have the potential to touch on every layer of the stack, from database/ETL through to the UI, and leverage your technical skills to full effect. Testers partner with development, giving continual feedback and working together to improve automated test coverage.
- Work closely with Product Management and development engineers to understand features and create robust, comprehensive test plans to verify functionality
- Participate throughout the design and development process, analyzing features to point out weaknesses or inconsistencies
- Do exploratory testing and acceptance of new features as part of a story-driven Agile development process
- Identify bugs through systematic testing, help developers reproduce errors and ensure that defects are fixed
- Develop automated tests in partnership with developers for continuous regression testing
- Build sophisticated and maintainable automated test suites to test our universe of products and components
- Research emerging technologies, tools, and platforms and ascertain when, how or if they should be used
- Design and implement test infrastructure and to drive the direction of the team towards ever increasing quality, improve speed, and ease of testing
- The successful candidate should have software testing, development, or related enterprise software experience.
- The candidate must have excellent attention to detail and the understanding of how to find flaws in complex software features.
- You must be a self-starter and able to perform with minimal supervision while working in a diverse team environment following Agile processes for software development.
- We are particularly interested in experience with complex enterprise applications and demonstrated ability to become an expert quickly on the feature areas you have owned in order to test those areas effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Expertise with testing tools such as Selenium/WebDriver, REST-assured, SoapUI