Guidewire's Insurance Suite core development team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help us build elegant solutions for the insurance industry's complex business domain and help make our industry-leading product even better.
On the Insurance Suite team, you'll have the opportunity to make an impact on a product that generates over 100 million dollars of revenue annually. Our teams are lean, empowered, and collaborative. You'll work alongside intelligent colleagues who've checked their egos at the door. We've built a strong culture internally, and we're looking for engineers who can help us maintain it.
Successful software engineers at Guidewire typically have:
- A desire to work collaboratively in an empowered, small, cross-functional team.
- An interest in applying modern development techniques (e.g. TDD, scrum, pair programming, Kanban, etc.).
- A passion for code quality validated by testing
- A desire to be hands-on in designing and writing code.
- Curiosity and internal motivation to constantly improve their own skills and how we develop solutions for our customers
- Ability to express ideas clearly within the team
Key qualifications include experience with
- Web-based applications
- Test-driven development (TDD)
- Web services (e.g. WSDL, SOAP, XML, REST, Axis, XFire, Glassfish)
- ORM technologies (e.g. Hibernate, JPA, JDO, HQL, XQuery, XPath)
- Agile development practices
- Core Java
- Behavior driven development (BDD) experience is desirable
The ideal candidate will share our core values: Collegiality, Integrity, and Rationality.
Collegiality - We value strong teams. We work together as professional equals. We strive to continuously improve our processes and make realistic assumptions to maintain a reasonable work-life balance. We are trusted to manage our own time. We value ideas, not titles. We welcome and consider contrary opinions.
Integrity - We insist on truthful relationships with customers, prospective customers, partners, investors, and each other in everything that we do.
Rationality - We communicate through clear arguments. We decide carefully based on factual evidence. We like calm, systematic, thoughtful solutions. We believe in testing. We never assume that we're building software the "best" way, and constantly seek to improve our processes.
See and hear from our employees at https://careers.guidewire.com/.
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at Guidewire.