About UsOpenTable, part of The Priceline Group (NASDAQ: PCLN), is the world's leading provider of online restaurant reservations, seating more than 20 million diners per month via online bookings across more than 38,000 restaurants. The OpenTable network connects restaurants and diners, helping diners discover and book the perfect table and helping restaurants deliver personalized hospitality to keep guests coming back. The OpenTable service enables diners to see which restaurants have available tables, select a restaurant based on verified diner reviews, menus, and other helpful information, and easily book a reservation. In addition to the company’s website and mobile apps, OpenTable powers online reservations for nearly 600 partners, including many of the Internet’s most popular global and local brands. For restaurants, the OpenTable hospitality solutions enable them to manage their reservation book, streamline their operations, and enhance their service levels. Since its inception in 1998, OpenTable has seated more than 830 million diners around the world. The Company is headquartered in San Francisco, California, and the OpenTable service is available throughout the United States, as well as in Canada, Germany, Japan, Mexico, and the UK.
About Our Role
Reporting to the District Manager of the region, this position is responsible for bringing new restaurants onto our dining network through a consultative sales approach. As an Account Executive, you will be the first point of contact that a restaurant has with OpenTable. Because our Account Executives are so in tune with their local markets, OpenTable relies on this team to provide constructive feedback to our Marketing and Product teams. Therefore, those succeeding in this role will be involved with collaborative, company-wide strategies on how to grow our business.
OpenTable’s Account Executive team is dedicated to maximizing restaurants’ revenue potential by utilizing best in brand front-of-house management and online reservation technology. We are looking for sales professionals who are passionate about the restaurant industry and want to feel good about the products they sell. This is a high-adrenaline, client-facing sales role requiring deep industry expertise, proven sales ability with a particular penchant for closing deals, and a broad base of industry contacts.
You will be selling our core products to restaurateurs whose businesses are not on the OpenTable network. You will be joining a team solely focused on identifying and closing new business within a named territory. You understand and anticipate how decisions are made, and you will persistently explore and uncover the business needs of your key clients. The Account Executive will act as a business leader, manage and own their book of business/territory, run business meetings with restaurant owners and operators, and close deals based on varying needs. You will also work closely with your local Restaurant Relations Manager who manages customer relationships. Together as a team, you will manage the success of your entire market.
- Target, identify, and sell OpenTable products to restaurants.
- Cultivate and build upon existing high-level relationships to serve as a trusted advisor to your market’s client base.
- Drive revenue by connecting with restaurateurs and building opportunities that will make all parties more successful.
- Present customized in-person and on-line demos of OpenTable products.
- Educate operators about trends in the industry and offer unique insight.
- Encourage customers to think differently about their business.
- Develop and execute on a strategic plan for the territory and create reliable forecasts.
- Strategically overcome objections and competition.
- Generate business plans to define your selling strategies and tactics.
- Consistently over achieve monthly and quarterly acquisition and revenue targets.
- Leverage your skills and your customers’ experience to continually evolve the sales process and our product for enabling it.
- Listen to the needs of the market and share with the Product and Marketing teams.
- Utilize Salesforce.com to manage your territory, stay organized, forecast sales activity, and process contracts.
- Understand and adapt to OpenTable’s ongoing product and technology developments.
- Anticipate 30-50% travel depending on the local market.
- Competitive, tenacious and results driven.
- Self-motivated and able to perform well under pressure and against aggressive goals and deadlines.
- Skilled at presenting new perspectives to customers that reframe and challenge the way they view their business.
- Keenly tracks economic and industry drivers and understands its implications on the restaurant business, including identifying new business opportunities.
- Knowledgeable about the restaurant business and is able to leverage this to talk about customer issues from multiple dimensions.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Outstanding oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Exceptional ability to drive business value during sales engagements.
- Highly analytical with the ability to assess business opportunities and read prospective buyers.
- Aptitude for gathering and using data to inform decision making and persuade others.
- Capable of developing compelling strategies that deliver results.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Restaurant management and/or sales experience highly preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Attention to detail in administrative responsibilities. Expect 20-35% admin.
- Strong PC skills and overall technically savvy.
- Capacity to grasp and learn complex concepts quickly and independently.
- Proven negotiation and decision-making ability.
- Proficient in Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Proficient in English and French.
- Uncapped commissions.
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual bonus opportunities.
- Opportunities to advance/grow sales career.
- Access to top chefs and restaurateurs in your market.
- Flexibility to work from your home office when not in the field.
- Comprehensive sales training at an individual, regional, and corporate level.
- Insight into best practices throughout the restaurant industry.
- Exposure to talented, seasoned business leaders.
- Invitation to OpenTable’s annual sales conference.
- Participation in local restaurant events.
- Engage in an encouraging work hard/play hard company culture.
- Become a part of an interesting and charismatic group of sales professionals who love what they do.
- Laptop, iPad, and cell phone allowance.
- Full-time, comprehensive benefits along with an annual base salary commensurate with experience
This is a full time exempt position based in Vancouver, Canada.
If you're interested in joining the OpenTable team and believe this is the role for you, please apply!
OpenTable is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
#LI - BB1