The FP&A team drives OpenTable’s entire budget of revenue and expense. We live and breathe the business - using our unique perspective of ‘the numbers, we partner with the business and provide insights on trends and opportunities developing within OpenTable and related industries. Successful candidates are numbers-driven, strong business partners and communicators, and know how to balance quality and accuracy while still moving quickly in a fast-paced, results-driven environment.
ABOUT OUR ROLE
In this role, you will support the forecast and budget as part of OpenTable’s Revenue team, and be a key contributor in our revenue forecast process. You will aid the Finance Manager, FP&A in the completion of complex financial analysis/modeling in a position offering exposure and interaction with a range of business partners across all levels within OpenTable, as well as an opportunity to have an impact within a growing organization. Our ideal candidate is a fun, experienced, well-rounded results-driven finance professional who can be a key contributor in a high-energy growth environment.
This role is a full time opportunity based in our London office, reporting to the Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis (Supply).
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Prepare components of revenue and key performance metrics forecasts and reporting versus plan.
- Support the creation of short and long-range forecasts for sales, revenue, and operating expenses.
- Support monthly and quarterly actual versus plan reporting & analysis for the FP&A team to communicate back to the business. Identify variances against forecast and understanding drivers with a focus on the ‘why’ rather than the ‘what’.
- Support sales goal, bonus & commission planning and reporting, working with the worldwide sales teams to ensure sale behavior mirrors wider strategic company objectives.
- Collaborate with the business on cross-functional projects and complete deep-dive analyses on sales, price, volume and other ad-hoc revenue-related analyses. Strong candidates will distill insights through cross-functional partnerships, primarily with the global sales teams and product functions.
- Support revenue forecasts and P&Ls for OpenTable’s broad range of restaurant & diner focused products.
- Drive process improvements and participate in reporting enhancements, working closely with business optimization, sales operations, and data analytics teams, with a mindset of continuous improvement.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Experience in FP&A or accounting, ideally in mid-size public companies. Tech background working with B2B sales organizations desirable, experience with B2C products and/or e-commerce a plus.
- BA/BS degree in Business, Accounting, Economics or related quantitative discipline.
- Demonstrated team player with ability to work collaboratively and experience of business partnering with non-finance teams.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously – demonstrated initiative and analytical nature.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including ability to develop and deliver presentations across varying levels of the business.
- Prior experience with CRM (e.g. Salesforce), ERP (e.g. Great Plains), and enterprise BI (e.g. Microstrategy) platforms a plus.
- Experience with planning systems such as Host Analytics/Hyperion planning preferable.
- Must have outstanding intrapersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Advanced Excel skills required; SQL experience a plus.