OpenTable is creating a new Customer Support team - come join us and be part of the excitement! The most important thing you can bring to this role is a passion for helping people. Your goal is NOT to get the customer off the phone as fast as possible (unless that’s what the customer wants). We expect you to go out of your way to not only fix the problem, but have the customer finish the conversation with a smile and with restored faith in OpenTable. You will be supporting both restaurants and diners so there is no script that can accomplish this - our customer base is diverse so you’ll need to be able to adapt to their various styles accordingly. You will become our best marketing tool, and will help foster a prosperous relationship with both our restaurants and diners.
The right people for this role:
- Start each day with energy and enthusiasm (even if it takes a few cups of coffee to get there)
- Enjoy being customer advocates
- You know what’s right for our customers and our company, and will lobby to ensure both needs are met - even if it means digging deep to find creative solutions
- Love to solve problems
- You’re the one your family and friends call when their electronics are acting up, or when they need help getting new devices set up
- Would never lie to our customers just to make them happy
- You value your integrity, and respect the trust our customers place in OpenTable’s products and brand.
- Enjoy the flexibility and challenges that come with a script free environment
- Using your experience and personality to provide excellent service is a source of pride and accomplishment for you.
- Are self-motivated
- Downtime means you get to learn something new, or find a better way to do something, rather than just sitting around
- Thrive on the opportunity to continually grow and improve
- You are not only receptive to feedback, but you actively seek it, and look for ways to implement it
- Have an interest (or background) in the restaurant or hospitality industry
- It’s certainly not mandatory, but we do appreciate any relevant experience
Reporting to the Customer Support Supervisor, our Customer Support Representatives will be responsible for providing support to restaurants and diners, answering complex questions on function and usage of products via telephone, email and/or Internet. S/he will be the primary contact for our customers in North America and the secondary contact for OpenTable customers worldwide with the goal of providing outstanding service. (How cool that you might get to talk to someone in Australia, mate!)
Schedules will either consist of five 8 hour or four 10 hour shifts. Shifts will begin no earlier than 6:00 AM and end no later than 12:00 AM, 7 days a week. During peak times/seasons, we may request that you work some overtime, but we’ll always plan ahead to accommodate schedules as best we can. If a regularly scheduled working day falls on a holiday, you may also be required to work, at an increased hourly rate. Refer to holiday schedule for Customer Support Center. Must be able to speak, read and write in both English and French.
- Answer customer and employee calls, emails, community posts (and any future form of contact we may come up) with using your brain, not a script.
- Provide outstanding service
- Know your limitations and when you should escalate
- Own the resolution to the problem; don’t leave the customer hanging
- Accurately and efficiently log all contacts in our CRM (Salesforce)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a bias towards customer service
- Strong communication skills: active listening, writing/typing, informal communication
- Fluent in both English and French
- Restaurant/ Hospitality experience (or even just being a “foodie”) is a plus
- 1+ years’ experience providing customer support, by phone, email or chat, preferably in a software support environment
- Working knowledge of current Microsoft Windows operating systems
- Knowledge of iOS and Apple Hardware
- Working knowledge of networking protocols (TCP/IP), networking infrastructure, switching and routing is a plus, but not required
- Experience with the use of support desk tools like Salesforce, Communities, live chat