Backend Engineer - Restaurant Migrations
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: San Francisco, CA
Department: EngineeringAt OpenTable, we take pleasure in Software Development. We believe that velocity comes from a commitment to clean code and solid engineering principles. We deliver innovative products through rapid, continuous development. Millions of diners and thousands of restaurants around the globe use our products. If you are excited by constantly challenging engineering processes and can deliver exceptional quality in a fast-paced, agile environment, we'd like to meet you. Bonus points if you love restaurants too!
Project and team:
The Restaurant Lifecycle team is focused on expanding the OpenTable offering to include millions of restaurants around the world. We have our flagship on-premise product ERB with thousands of customers across the world. We also have the next-generation cloud product Guest Center with thousands of growing customers. We want to build a migration system for the customers to move to the cloud product with minimal effort and with a great user experience.
You will responsible for designing, building and testing this next-generation restaurant migration system for OpenTable. That includes a product experience to replace the manual migration process, supporting scalable strategies to migrate in scale.
- Full stack of web development - with a focus on back-end technologies.
- Help design and build the tools and elements for a scalable and intuitive migration process from initial contact, to installation, to renewal.
- Working with other front end teams to ensure that the solution you help define scales across all hardware.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5-8+ years experience in Software Engineer with considerable exposure to solving web‐scale problems
- Solid knowledge of server‐side web technologies. Preferably Java and related technologies/frameworks. Spring framework is a plus.
- Experience working within a distributed microservices architecture
- Experience working with event driven architecture (RabbitMQ/ Kafka)
- Comfortable building a new product from scratch and integrating with new and legacy company services
- Experience working on growth or acquisition-focused teams (extra points if B2B focused)
- Experience building in an automation‐focused culture, both in testing and build/deploy
- Plus if experienced with SQL Server, Postgres and Mongo NoSQL.
- Master's Degree or PhD in Computer Science a plus
OpenTable, part of The Priceline Group (NASDAQ: PCLN), is the world's leading provider of online restaurant reservations, seating more than 16 million diners per month via online bookings across more than 33,000 restaurants. Since its inception in 1998, OpenTable has seated more than 830 million diners around the world. The Company is headquartered in San Francisco, California, and the OpenTable service is available throughout the United States, as well as in Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, Japan, Germany, and Mexico