OpenTable is the world’s leading provider of online restaurant reservations, seating more than 19 million diners per month via online bookings across more than 37,000 restaurants.
The OpenTable network connects restaurants and diners, helping diners discover and book the perfect table and helping restaurants deliver personalized hospitality to keep guests coming back. In addition to the company’s website and mobile apps, OpenTable powers online reservations for nearly 600 partners, including many of the Internet’s most popular global and local brands.
The OpenTable service is available throughout the United States, as well as in Australia, Canada, Germany, Ireland, Japan, Mexico, and the UK. Since its inception in 1998, OpenTable has seated more than 940 million diners around the world.
Global Process & Controls Analyst
Reporting to the Global Process and Controls Manager, the Global Process & Controls Analyst will be responsible for enabling best-in-class experiences for customers and suppliers of Finance Operations at OpenTable. You will dig-in to challenging problems and deduce meaningful insights that dramatically improve our operating environment globally. You will help create and enable a culture of continuous improvement and global standardization, so our customers and suppliers receive the same experience no matter where they are in the world. And most importantly, you will have fun doing it!
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Drive continual improvement of processes by challenging the norm in the operational functions globally
- Develop improvement plans with the operational areas for key processes
- Develop and maintain a library of current processes and ensure future processes are aligned globally
- Identify business requirements for new systems/tools that support processes
- Deliver a positive impact on key metrics
- Deliver operational change related to any M&A activity
- Assist in ensuring operational SOX controls are operating effectively
- Provide insight through reporting into opportunities for improvement
- Provide a structured approach to prioritization of process work to ensure we are focused on improvements that really move the needle for our strategic priorities.
- Prove with data that process improvements are having the intended impact on efficiency and standardization of the customer and supplier experience.
- Effectively evangelize Finance Operations processes across OpenTable, adjusting your message to the audience as needed (marketing, engineering, Sales, senior leadership, etc.)
- Support and leverage a community of subject-matter experts to be used for ongoing process improvement efforts.
- Collaborate with and develop a trusted partnership with all levels of the organization.
- Closely work and align with Finance Systems, Product Management, Support and Sales to test, learn, adjust and implement identified processes and solutions
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years’ experience in related work (process analysis, improvement, and design, etc.)
- Big 4 consulting experience desired
- Certified in at least one recognised process improvement or project delivery methodology (Six Sigma, Lean, Agile, etc)
- Experience analysing and rapidly improving operational processes
- Passion for simple processes that are enabled and enforced through well-designed supporting systems/tools
- Passion for driving real, quantifiable change for internal and external customers and suppliers
- Passion for continuous self-driven learning about industry trends in process improvement
- Demonstrated ability to work on collaborative teams or independently
- Demonstrated organization and project management abilities; including planning, facilitation and negotiation skills
- Proven analysis and problem solving skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Experience with working in globally dispersed teams/cultures
- Demonstrated capability to get results in an often ambiguous environment
About the team
We are inspired by our fast-paced environment.
The Finance organization is made of up highly motivated, high performing individuals who are continually looking to find efficiencies through process improvement and system implementations. We work hard but also know how to have fun and work cohesively as a team. We enjoy partnering cross functionally and strive for seamless internal and external customer interactions.
OpenTable has been named as a 2016 Glassdoor Best Places to Work – you can find more information here