About Our Role
The OpenTable Finance team is currently seeking a Senior Accountant who will report to the Senior Accounting Manager, based at our corporate headquarters in San Francisco, CA. You will be working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and building relationships with global teams members within finance and across the organization. The Senior Accountant is responsible for many aspects of general ledger-related activities, such as: proper application of US GAAP, recording accounting transactions (monthly, quarterly, annual), performing balance sheet account reconciliations and account analysis. We are looking for someone who has excellent problem solving skills, is a strong communicator, thrives on process improvement and enjoys working in a challenging, fast-paced environment to support our continued growth.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Prepare accounting entries and account reconciliations for various financial activities, including: General Accrued Expenses, Dining Rewards Liability, Partners & Affiliates Expenses, Marketing Expenses and Recruiting Fees. Research and propose resolution for discrepancies or identified issues
- Prepare monthly financial statement fluctuation analyses for management reporting
- Perform monthly consolidation and prepare consolidating financial statements at each period-end
- Assist or prepare schedules to support regulatory, statutory, or management reporting to ensure accuracy and timeliness of financial reporting
- Work cross-functionally with and support our business partners by
- providing financial insights and relevant reporting
- Assistance with development, maintenance and documentation of all policies and procedures related to assigned areas of responsibility.
- Identify areas for process improvement, provide recommendations and execute on the changes.
- Assist in system implementation and data testing.
- Deliver on ad-hoc projects / deliverables as necessary.
You are detail oriented while also able to see the big picture. When faced with a problem, you propose a solution. You enjoy understanding the why behind the numbers, exercise professional skepticism and maintain a natural curiosity. You have a proven ability to prioritize your work, manage to deadlines and keep your manager well informed. You are a self-started with an ability to manage multiple tasks. You are able to work independently but know when to ask for assistance, and you take pride in ownership over your areas. You are able to effectively communicate with team members and management.
Your experience and education:
About Our Team
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3-5 years of experience that demonstrates knowledge and application of GAAP accounting policies and practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (vlookup, pivot tables, etc.)
- Experience with accounting software such as Great Plains a plus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills are a must, along with a high level of attention to detail
The Accounting and Finance organization is made of up highly motivated, high performing individuals who are continually looking to find efficiencies through process improvement and system implementations. We work hard but also know how to have fun and work cohesively as a team. We enjoy partnering cross functionally and strive for seamless customer interactions. About OpenTable
OpenTable, part of The Priceline Group (NASDAQ: PCLN), is the world's leading provider of online restaurant reservations, seating more than 15 million diners per month via online bookings across approximately 32,000 restaurants. The OpenTable network connects restaurants and diners, helping diners discover and book the perfect table and helping restaurants deliver personalized hospitality to keep guests coming back. In addition to the company’s website and mobile apps, OpenTable powers online reservations for nearly 600 partners, including many of the Internet’s most popular global and local brands. For restaurants, the OpenTable hospitality solutions enable them to manage their reservation book, streamline their operations, and enhance their service levels. Since its inception in 1998, OpenTable has seated more than 665 million diners around the world. The Company is headquartered in San Francisco, California, and the OpenTable service is available throughout the United States, as well as in Canada, Germany, Japan, Mexico, and the UK.