Qlik Consulting Services is dedicated to the success of our customers and partners. The Consulting Services team ensures that Qlik customers and partners are successfully implementing innovative and effective Qlik solutions to meet their business goals. The Consulting Services team includes Project Managers, Services Sales Managers, Managing Principal Consultants and Consultants.
The Project Manager will work across implementation consulting services teams supporting numerous consulting projects at one time. To be considered for this role, you must have experience as a project manager managing external customer projects – applicable experience is gained as a project manager in a professional services organization.
The successful candidates’ responsibilities will include the following but is not limited to:
- Expert communication, writing and presentation skills.
- Actively bridge technical and business cultures and perspectives, help negotiate priorities and to resolve conflicts among project stakeholders
- Lead requirements discovery workshops, collaboration sessions with customers and issue resolution discussions
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups and various constituencies
- Work closely with the relevant account manager to identify strategy for maximizing success within an account.
- Play an active role in the sales process, representing the Consulting services team.
- Identify, resolve and communicate technical and business issues to account management.
- Identify upsell and cross sell opportunities within existing customer base.
- Analyze customer requirements and develop proposals for technical solutions
- Lead complex projects and manage customer expectations across multiple customers at the same time
- Escalate and track support calls and other technical inquiries.
- Support regional business development activities.
- Develop and maintain a project work schedule with activities, timelines, critical paths and resource requirements
- Manage and monitor all activities against the project work schedule for the project duration. Review assigned tasks according to work plans with responsible team members. Manage resources and activities to ensure project deliverables are met on time and within budget. Ensure timely resolution of issues, using escalation as necessary.
- Develop and successfully execute risk mitigation plans
- Maintain documents critical to project implementation. Document and report project status against established objectives, milestones, budget and resources.
- Lead and/or attend regularly scheduled steering committee and status meetings throughout the project life cycle. Facilitate closure of issues that cannot be resolved by project teams
Role Profile - Required Experience/Skills:
- Bachelor’s in Business, Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent work experience.
- Background and experience gained in top-tier consulting organizations.
- Strong client-facing consultative skills, able to act as a customer advocate.
- 10-15 years of experience managing external clients in positions of increasing responsibility in the delivery of business intelligence, systems development, and systems Integration.
- 5+ years of successful enterprise project management experience. Current PMI certification is a plus.
- 3+ years of successful account management with technical responsibilities.
- Excellent knowledge of systems and application design.
- Thorough understanding of software development life cycle from requirement gathering through testing and deployment.
- Knowledge and experience with a range of Business Intelligence tools, including Database systems and Extract, Transform and Loading (ETLs) tools.
- Knowledge of enterprise systems, CRM, SFA, and ERP (e.g. Salesforce.com, Oracle, SAP R/3).
- Excellent analysis skills and the ability to develop processes and methodologies.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- An outgoing, focused and organized individual, with a strong drive to succeed.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills, able to succeed in a high pressure environment.
- Willingness to travel extensively (>50%).
- Ability to work independently and function effectively with minimal amount of supervision
Desired Experience / Skills:
- Vertical market experience in Financial Services, Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, High Tech Manufacturing or CPG/Retail.
- Extraordinary client-facing skills with the ability to solve the clients’ needs and manage scope in a positive way.
- Master in Computer Science or Information Systems desired.
- MBA is a plus.
Qlik is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Qlik via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Qlik. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Qlik as a result of the referral or through other means.
As part of its commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity, the Company seeks to comply with all applicable provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you need an accommodation due a disability, please contact