Qlik is looking for an experienced Manager, Global Event Marketing to design, plan and execute compelling events and meaningful attendee experiences that drive increased awareness and demand for Qlik products and services. This professional will work closely with the Sr. Director, Global Event Marketing to drive program strategy and event management, lead virtual teams of stakeholders to create company-wide consistency and operational effectiveness and execute top notch event experiences. This position will interact with global and regional teams, various functional resources as well as executive leadership.
- Program management of several key projects which involves providing leadership to diverse groups of stakeholders that are accountable to work streams
- Responsible for creating project teams of appropriate Qlik resources & facilitating recurring meetings to drive the project plan and ensure deliverables are moving in a timely manner
- Accountable for stepping up when there’s risk to a deliverable or an issue to resolve
- Present concepts & recommendations to build consensus
- Apply & enforce the company brand, look and feel to all event marketing programs
- Ensure that themes and messages are applied appropriately and consistently
- Collaborate with other department heads, including other marketing groups, sales and product management to ensure consistency across functional teams is woven into the events.
- Uphold operational effectiveness by setting a strong example
- Evaluate vendors when necessary and manage those relationships.
- Accountability to uphold budget as well as communicate that responsibility to others that may have decision making authority
- Close out each event with timely surveys, strong reporting, final messaging & ROI measurement
- Working with globally distributed stakeholders involving diverse time zones and the need to compromise when setting calls/meetings
- Responsible for individual event budgets that range from $32K - several million
- Project management bench strength is mandatory to define requirements, scoping of project, planning activities, risk & issue management, resource allocation, measure progress, & determine corrective actions to ensure successful implementation
- Strategic thinking to see the bigger picture and anticipate needs of clients/prospects while driving the corporate goals to create business opportunities
- Proven track record of creating teams and bringing the appropriate groups together to collaborate
- Ability to work under pressure and manage his/her behavior, reactions and set a mature emotional tone for others to remain positive when faced with difficult situations or challenges
- Excellent communicator who can command a room while also connecting individually with key stakeholders and clients
- Ability to create and deliver presentations to make recommendations as well as identify pros/cons in decisions
- Understands technical aspects of event management & tradeshow management
- Ability to think creatively and strategically, and mentor others on how to do so
- Experience with contracts, negotiations and identifying requirements from suppliers (hotels, vendors, etc.)
- Ability to manage budgets & work through reductions or changes in plan
- Thoughtful but firm approach to managing work groups & dependencies
- Self-starter with leadership capabilities and ability to inspire others
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 10 years’ event management experience
- Experience in the tech industry and knowledge of the BI - Business Intelligence market a plus
- Experience managing multi-faceted & large scale complex events
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, knowledge of multiple cultures a plus
- Experience directing projects with multiple stakeholders from various functions of the company
- Expertise in budget management, tracking and reconciliation
- Experience overseeing & directing 3rd party vendors and suppliers
- Experience & understanding of large scale plenary production/AV a plus
- Ability to multitask and work on several projects at a time
- Must have experience in Microsoft Office applications
- Travel as required (approximately 25%) - may involve international travel
Qlik is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Qlik via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Qlik. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Qlik as a result of the referral or through other means.
As part of its commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity, the Company seeks to comply with all applicable provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you need an accommodation due a disability, please contact email@example.com.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship