The UX research team at Ten-X is looking for a talented Senior User Researcher to join our growing team responsible for research that feeds the design, strategy and development of all products and services. We employ a variety of methods to collect rich data that enable product and design teams to make better decisions for our users. We find that research has the greatest impact when tightly coupled with design decisions, so we work on interdisciplinary design teams.
In this role you’ll work across all three different business units collaborating with several product teams, partnering with designers, engineers, and other functions across the organization to articulate and execute the research roadmap. Collaborating with Research Managers to prioritize and engage on high impact research opportunities will be important.
- Conduct qualitative studies, including field observation and interviews, remote and in-person usability studies
- Work closely with Research Managers to coordinate on broader research strategy and prioritize research opportunities in individual business units.
- Partner with design, product, and marketing colleagues to understand business needs, inform research questions and design appropriate research studies to generate focused insights.
- Synthesize/analyze data and findings, developing genuine insights, outputs and frameworks
- Deliver clear and concise presentations to persuasively communicate research findings through compelling storytelling.
- Conduct secondary research on customer profiles and personas, competitor offering and value-prop, industry trends and market insights to triangulate
- Awareness and practical understanding of traditional and new research methodologies and recruitment strategies
- 5+ years of relevant user research experience in industry or academia.
- Undergraduate degree in Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Design, Sociology, Experimental or Cognitive Psychology or related field. Relevant Masters an advantage.
- Solid understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills.
- Working knowledge of statistics and principles of experiment design will be a plus.