General Accounting Cut-off Expert
The job is based in our offices in Paris
As GL Cut-off Expert, you will be in charge of reviewing all positions related to third party services, with a specific focus on the preparation of all intercompany recharges. You will be the main contact point for follow-up on all professional fees, subcontracting, and all expenses other than those related to fixed assets, payroll, cash or taxes.
You will also be in charge of preparing the intercompany rebilling of costs at month end, ensuring their elimination at consolidation level and running foreign exchange re-evaluations.
Your role will require close collaboration with the Procurement and FP&A teams in order to ensure an accurate cut off and cost allocation. You will work closely with the Accounts Payable team in order to ensure a documented monthly review of all accounts payable amounts.
You will report to the General Accounting Cut Off Team Leader who will determine the tasks to be performed, define with you your bi-weekly agenda, and who will set and review KPI’s.
The job evolves in a SOX compliant environment.
Your tasks will include
- Control of the quality of the accounting entries by nature performed by Accounts Payable
Liaise with Accounts Payable in order to answer any questions they may have related to recording costs by nature
- Perform a quality review of all documents posted by the Accounts Payable team (Prepayments, accruals, …) and communicate with the AP team to follow outstanding points, make corrections and improve analysis.
- Recording any manual accruals (for items of expenditures not requiring Purchase orders) and follow up
- Preparation of an analytical review of the P&L accounts + BS accounts under Working capital scope on schedule with the smart and fast closing analyzing variances by account type to prior month (or quarter, semester, year as agreed)Review of aged AP and AR balances with specific documentation for balances aged above 90 days
Recording of manual entries linked to GAAP rent
- Preparation and posting of intercompany billings (Technology royalties, Management fees, Direct Billing, cross border postings, …)
- Preparation of appropriate SOX controls in line with Intercompany billings
- Involvement in the integration of new countries and acquisitions into the standard Intercompany Criteo processes in line with pre-agreed timelines
- Recording of all re-evaluation entries
- Ensure all the Working capital accounts are well documented for statutory accounts
- Preparation of the documents required by the auditors in the PBC list on a quarterly basis
- Response to queries on a quarterly basis as appropriate
- Other ad-hoc projects / tasks
- Minimum Five Years practical accounting experience specialized in analyzing P&L and balance sheet movements
- Experience of intercompany accounting, eliminations and foreign currency re-evaluations
- Accounting Qualification (Business School / DSCG)
- Experience of working in a SOX Environment
- Good working knowledge of SAP
- Experience of working in a fast moving, complex international environment
- Fluent English - any other languages a plus
- Results driven
- Highly organised and autonomous
- Excellent communication skills
- Dynamic and Flexible approach to work
- A team player
- Strong excel skills